2nd January 2018, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course?

Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which are followed by the same? I need to start the preparation for the exam, so kindly provide me the details soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to become a District Magistrate for 25 years old Public Administration postgraduate? -- [New]
  2. What is the qualification criteria required to become a District Magistrate? Which exam do I need to write?
  3. What is the academic qualification required for being a district magistrate?
  4. How a B.Sc Agriculture graduate can become an Agriculture District Magistrate
  5. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?
  6. Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course?
  7. How can I become a District Magistrate after completing class 10th? Which exam do I have to write?
  8. What all subjects I need to select in Graduation to become a district magistrate?
  9. How can I become a District Magistrate being an 18 years old 12th Science student?
  10. What to study to become a District Magistrate?
  11. How can I become a District Collector after completing my Graduation with BCA course? Which exam do I need to write?
  12. What subject should i take in 12th to become a District magistrate in future?
  13. Procedure of ias examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it possible to become a Deputy Collector/District Magistrate through Bihar Public Service Commission exam?
  15. Can a Philosophy graduate become a district magistrate?
  16. Is 3rd year engineering student eligible to apply for district collector job?
  17. Should the OBC certificate to be signed by District Magistrate to get admission in Patna Science College?
  18. Eligibility to appear in Magistrate exam for 38 years old Brahmin?
3rd January 2018, 11:20 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course?

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates pursuing in final year of degree are also eligible to appear in examination.

So, if you are pursuing in the final year of BCA course now, then you are eligible to apply and appear in Civil Service examination in 2018.

Candidates after qualifying in all three stages of examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S officer.
3rd January 2018, 04:14 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to give district magistrate exam while pursuing BCA course? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which are followed by the same? I need to start the preparation for the exam, so kindly provide me the details soon. Thanks!
In order to become District Magistrate it is important that you need to sit for an IAS exam that is Indian Administrative Services Examination. To sit for an IAS exam the following eligibility are:
  • Candidate must e a citizen of India
  • Candidate must hold a Bachelor degree from a recognized institute
  • Candidate who have given the final year examination of a Bachelor degree and the results are awaiting can also apply for this exam
  • candidate age should be minimum 21 years and not more than 32 years for General category. However, for SC/ST/OBC the age limit is within 37 years.

So, if you are in a final year of BCA then yes surely you can start preparing for an IAS examination for the upcoming schedule.
3rd January 2018, 08:33 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes you can be a District magistrate if you pass BCA degree without any backlogs.

>> To be a district magistrate , you need to sit in UPSC exam.
>> You need to rank in top 100 , to get a good post .
>> Candidate of age 21 years to 32 years are eligible to apply.
>> Age relaxation is there for reserve candidates like of SC and OBC.
>> Number of attempts for general is limited to 6 and for OBC it is 9.

Preparation Tips
++ You can practice the previous papers of UPSC available in book store.
++ There are many institution , where you can get guide of passing exam.
++ Have a broad mind set and gain knowledge from books, Magazines, news papers
3rd January 2018, 09:38 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The name of District Magistrate examination is Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Services Commission.

Requirements for this examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

In final year of bachelor's degree, you will be eligible to apply for examination.
4th January 2018, 12:11 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you are pursuing in final year of bachelor degree then you are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th January 2018, 05:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

District Magistrate is an Indian Administrative Services officer. The recruitment to IAS is done on basis of which rank in Civil Services examination. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

You will be eligible to apply for Civil Services exam in final year of Bachelor of Computer Application. The age criteria is 21-32 years. Notification for 2018 exam will be released in February, 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?