26th July 2011, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed MBA from Indian School of Business and Management?

am i eligible for ias exam. i have done MBA from indian school od business and management . is this university is a recognized one ?

29th July 2011, 12:26 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed MBA from Indian School of Business and Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am i eligible for ias exam. i have done MBA from indian school od business and management . is this university is a recognized one ?
Yes, Definitely You are eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

Firstly I have to Inform You that The IAS Examination was conducted by UPSC Every year and to become IPS/IAS Officer, Then you have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination, you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university and Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Final Year Graduate/Post graduate Candidates are also eligible for This examination.

The examination was Conducted by UPSC in Two Stages, First Preliminary Examination And After clear Preliminary examination you are eligible to apply for Main examination. The Examination are also called CSAT Examination, The UPSC have already changed the CSAT Examination Pattern and there are Two Papers in preliminary exams of 200 Marks Each with same Duration. The question are Objective Type and the Pattern and Syllabus are availiable in the UPSC website.

The Notification was Published in the Employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February Every Year, Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online. Application form Are also Availiable In the designated Post Offices, You have also Obtained from There, So Please dont worry You are eligible for UPSC Civil services Examination and If you are Interested to apply for This exams then please wait for the Next year Notification, Till then Keep Practice for the Preliminary Examination according to the New Pattern, I have Provide you the Latest Pattern of UPSC CSAT Examination.

New Pattern of Civil Services Preliminary Examination -

And If you Want to get Complete information About UPSC Civil services Examination, then please check the UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
29th July 2011, 02:01 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam having completed MBA from Indian School of Business and Management?

hi,,,let me make one thing very clear for you that the minimum elegibility for to write the indian administartive examination is an graduation degree so it does not matter from were you ahve don your mba degree ,whether it is recognized institute or not.also you can subject any two subjects of your choice hence there is also no problem with respect to the subjects also ,all you have to do now is just decide your courses and start preparing hard,i am also attaching the notofication to give you the detailed information which ever you want
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 80 views)
29th July 2011, 08:09 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Listen Before mba you complete your
Graduation.
So you are eligible for IAS exam.

Criteria:-
*candidate pass graduation
*candidate must INDIAN
*Age- 21 to 30 years
So if you satisfy these things then you
eligible for IAS exam....
29th July 2011, 09:34 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are eligible for IAS exam..
You have done your post graduation from a recognized university..
IAS exam is a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year..

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam-

Educational qualification-
The candidate must have complete the graduation from a recognized university in any discipline..
The candidate can also appear in this exam during the final year of the graduation..

Age criteria-
for general category the age should be in between 21-30 years..
for SC/ST the age relaxation is for 5years..
for OBC the age relaxation is of 3years..

if you really want to go for the exam , then you have to fulfill the conditions..
IAS exam is very hard to clear.. you have to do lots of hard work, and you must be determine...
you can also go for some coaching classes.. they will prepare you for IAS exam..

All the best..
29th July 2011, 02:47 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Yes definitely you are eligible for IAS as the academic eligibility is a DEGREE . You need to make sure about your age limit the maximum age limit is 30.
To get into IAS you need to prepare for the UPSC exam and write it . Information about the date of exam is published in newspaper and the official website.
30th July 2011, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope for port management and what are the salaries
30th July 2011, 06:23 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

For IAS you have to sit for UPSC exem,the eligibillity for upsc is graduate from any stream and the age limit is 21 to 30 for general candidates. you have a masters degree like MBA so you would be eligible if your age in between 21-30 and you are a general caste student. SC/ST candidates got 5 years relaxation....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?