13th October 2017, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy at the age of 39 years and completed B.E Civil engineering?

Am I eligible to join merchant navy at the age of 39 years and completed B.E Civil engineering? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? What are the criteria followed last year and present year? Awaiting for your answers.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  3. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy having completed 12th Class with PCM with 55% and with an age of 21 years?
  5. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course being a 30 years old candidate and having 162 cms height?
  6. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  7. Can I join merchant navy after 12th commerce?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing final year of EEE and at an age of 19 years? How to apply for Merchant Navy?
  9. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completed my three years diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to join Merchant Navy for 29 years old BTech Mechanical graduate? -- [New]
  12. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  13. What is the joining procedure of Merchant Navy after having a MCA?
  14. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  15. How to join merchant navy on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Steps to join Merchant Navy for Civil Engineer after B.Tech?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  18. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
13th October 2017, 10:34 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy at the age of 39 years and completed B.E Civil engineering?

No after age of 28 years a candidate is not eligible for merchant navy jobs.

For merchant navy
>> Candidate must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths as a main subject.
>> Unmarried male candidate can only apply in merchant navy.

Candidate can do course in following field for merchant navy entry
++ B.Sc in Nautical science
++ B.E in marine engineering
++ B.Sc in marine catering
++ B.E in petroleum engineering
13th October 2017, 12:21 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy at the age of 39 years and completed B.E Civil engineering?

No, you cannot join in merchant navy at the age of 39 years because the maximum age limit is 25 years. In other fields of merchant navy it is 28 years. So, you cannot join in merchant navy. The other eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent education in PCM subjects from any recognised board.
- The candidates who have completed their graduation level degree degree in any related streams from any recognised university are eligible to apply for technical related posts.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies based on the post. In general it varies from 21 - 28 years.
- No colour blindness and the candidate should be physically fit.
- The height should be 167 Cms and the weight should be proportional to height.
13th October 2017, 08:35 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to join merchant navy at the age of 39 years and completed B.E Civil engineering? Can you please guide me with the right information on the same? What are the criteria followed last year and present year? Awaiting for your answers.

Sorry, to inform you are not eligible to apply for merchant navy at age of 39 years because to apply for merchant navy age limit to apply is 18 to 25 years.

>> To apply for merchant navy applicant must have done bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from government recognized board.

>> To apply for merchant navy applicant must have good communication skills.

>> For merchant navy applicant must be physically and mentally fit and must have good eye sight and free from any kind of eye defect.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?