31st July 2012, 11:41 PM
Soum_mickey

Am I eligible for NET in electronics discipline after passing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication department

Sir,
I am a B tech in Electronics and communication department and pursuing m tech in IT department.Am I eligible for NET in Electronics discipline?

Related Questions:
  1. How to become an electronics engineer after passing B.Tech electronics and communication?
  2. Am I eligible for SSC J.E Electrical after passing B.Tech electronics and communication engineering?
  3. How to get CDC after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
  4. Can I get any electronics related job after passing diploma in electronics and communication branch
  5. Am I eligible to get B.Ed after passing B.E in Electronics and Communication?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET(Electronics) if completed B.Tech(Electronics & Communication Engineering) with 73% marks? -- [New]
  7. How to do PG in Automotive Electronics after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication?
  8. Will I be eligible for AMIE after passing B.E Electronics and Communication?
  9. What are the courses that I can opt after passing B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering?
  10. Eligibility to apply for SBI IT Officer post for B.Tech(ECE) candidate?
  11. What are the government job oppotunities available for ECE?
  12. Calicut University- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering- 6th Sem Power Electronics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  14. Will I get a seat in PSG Coimbatore for Electronics and Communication Engineering after passing 12th with a cutoff of 189?
  15. How to join airforce after BE? UES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to join Indian Army after passing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  17. Can I apply for M.Tech in digital and communication electronics after passing MSc in Physics with specialization in communication electronics?
  18. Can I join Airforce after doing Civil Engineering?
1st August 2012, 08:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET in electronics discipline after passing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication department

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soum_mickey View Post
Sir,
I am a B tech in Electronics and communication department and pursuing m tech in IT department.Am I eligible for NET in Electronics discipline?
You are from B-TECH in ECE and Perusing M-TECH stream so you are eligible for NET exam because the minimum educational Qualification required for this exam is Masters degree.

But you can apply through Computer application because your Masters degree have in IT field , so you can not apply in Electronics department.

The others criteria for NET Exam given below.So you can do first masters degree then you can apply here.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years and for Lectureship there are no age limit.

Syllabus for NET Exam CLICK HERE

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

1st August 2012, 08:52 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET in electronics discipline after passing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication department

You will only be eligible for NET exam after completing M.Tech because only post graduate degree holders can appear in the NET exam. You will have to pursue M.Tech or any other post graduate course before you can apply for the NET exam. Therefore I would suggest you to focus on your studies if you have got admission for M.Tech if not then start preparing for the GATE entrance exam.

M.Tech is not the only option for B.Tech students to become lecturer. The other post graduate options include MBA. To be eligible for Masters in Business Administration Course there are several entrance exams like Common Admission Test (CAT) and Management Aptitude Test (MAT). Only after pursuing PG course you should consider to apply for NET exam.

I would also recommend you to not prepare for NET exam by yourself. Instead it would be better if you could join some coaching center where professionals would prepare you better for the NET exam. I should clearly tell you that NET is one of the toughest exams to crack in India.

NET which basically means National Eligibility Test is for lecturer job in central government colleges. Since everyone who wishes to become college teacher appear in the NET exam, it has become hard exam to crack.

Eligibility Criteria For NET

1. First criteria is simple, you should be Indian Citizen.

2. Second is you are pursuing at the moment which is post graduate course in any stream from a recognised university.

3. Third will answer remaining part of your question. You can only apply in NET for the same subject as for post graduate course.

4. Make sure you secure at least 55 percent marks in M.Tech.

5. If you are fromr reserve category then 50 percent marks in M.Tech would be enough to appear in NET.

6. You don't have to wait for completing the M.Tech to appear in NET. You can also appear for NET during the final year of M.Tech course.

7. In this case make sure you are confident enough to meet the percentage requirement after the final year. Else you will be disqualified.

8. There is no age limit for the lecturer job therefore there is no need to press any panic button. Take your time to prepare for the NET exam, even if it means taking 6 months long coaching classes after completing the M.Tech course. It would be really helpful.
1st August 2012, 11:21 AM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Eligibility Criteria For NET:-

1. First criteria is simple, you should be Indian Citizen.

2. Second is you are pursuing at the moment which is post graduate course in any stream from a recognised university.

3. Third will answer remaining part of your question. You can only apply in NET for the same subject as for post graduate course.

4. Make sure you secure at least 55 percent marks in M.Tech.

5. If you are fromr reserve category then 50 percent marks in M.Tech would be enough to appear in NET.

6. You don't have to wait for completing the M.Tech to appear in NET. You can also appear for NET during the final year of M.Tech course.

7. In this case make sure you are confident enough to meet the percentage requirement after the final year. Else you will be disqualified.

8. There is no age limit for the lecturer job therefore there is no need to press any panic button. Take your time to prepare for the NET exam, even if it means taking 6 months long coaching classes after completing the M.Tech course. It would be really helpful.

I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELP YOU.
1st August 2012, 11:43 AM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NET in electronics discipline after passing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication department

Hi,
NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.This test will be conduct for only lectureship , PHD and JRF .

eligibility:

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years and for Lectureship there are no age limit.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

all the best
1st August 2012, 07:53 PM
mitesh1995

hi friend.....

1. First criteria is simple, you should be
Indian Citizen.

2. Second is you are pursuing at the
moment which is post graduate course in
any stream from a recognised university.

3. Third will answer remaining part of your
question. You can only apply in NET for the
same subject as for post graduate course.

4. Make sure you secure at least 55 percent
marks in M.Tech.

5. If you are fromr reserve category then 50
percent marks in M.Tech would be enough
to appear in NET.

6. You don't have to wait for completing the
M.Tech to appear in NET. You can also
appear for NET during the final year of
M.Tech course.

7. In this case make sure you are confident
enough to meet the percentage
requirement after the final year. Else you will
be disqualified.

8. There is no age limit for the lecturer job
therefore there is no need to press any
panic button. Take your time to prepare for
the NET exam, even if it means taking 6
months long coaching classes after
completing the M.Tech course. It would be
really helpful.
Best of luck
1st August 2012, 07:56 PM
mitesh1995

hi friend...

1. First criteria is simple, you should be
Indian Citizen.
2. Second is you are pursuing at the
moment which is post graduate course in
any stream from a recognised university.
3. Third will answer remaining part of your
question. You can only apply in NET for the
same subject as for post graduate course.
4. Make sure you secure at least 55 percent
marks in M.Tech.
5. If you are fromr reserve category then 50
percent marks in M.Tech would be enough
to appear in NET.
6. You don't have to wait for completing the
M.Tech to appear in NET. You can also
appear for NET during the final year of
M.Tech course.
7. In this case make sure you are confident
enough to meet the percentage
requirement after the final year. Else you will
be disqualified.
8. There is no age limit for the lecturer job
therefore there is no need to press any
panic button. Take your time to prepare for
the NET exam, even if it means taking 6
months long coaching classes after
completing the M.Tech course. It would be
really helpful.
15th August 2012, 12:29 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

Sorry, to say that But you are Not eligible for NET direct After completing your Graduation.
But, Don't Worry about it if you are aspiring to Go for NET then First of All you should Have to complete your Post Graduate Degree say M.Tech or MBA. then you are eligible for it.

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.

No Age Limit for Applying NET.

A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

All the Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?