14th August 2018, 10:58 PM
Sbara

Am I eligible for NET/SET after completion of Post Graduation Diploma in Rural Development?

I have completed my Graduation (POLITICAL SCIENCE) with 48.38% and, I want to join POST GRADUATION DIPLOMA IN RURAL DEVELOPMENT this year which of 1 year duration. My question is am I eligible for NET/SET exam after completing this?

15th August 2018, 11:23 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET/SET after completion of Post Graduation Diploma in Rural Development?

Post graduate diploma of one year duration is not a valid degree to apply for National Eligibility Test.

The eligibility criteria for NET exam:

Academic qualification: Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 55% in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship. It is 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.
15th August 2018, 12:50 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET/SET after completion of Post Graduation Diploma in Rural Development?

Applicant should hold masters degree or its equivalent test in social science, electronic science, Humanities, computer science and applications etc. Those who are Aspiring to teach at various colleges and Universities are eligible to appear in this test. Candidate must hold at least 55 % score from a UGC authorised University.
No upper age limit for Assistant Professor.

Junior Research Fellowship maximum age should not be more than 28 years as on 1st December for admission year.

Being a postgraduate diploma holder you are not eligible to appear in this exam.
15th August 2018, 01:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

NET/ SET Eligibility:

Candidate must hold Master's degree or its equivalent course from a recognised University.

Candidate must have secured minimum of 55 % in their Master's degree.

The post graduate diploma holders are not eligible to apply for this test.
15th August 2018, 03:19 PM
Expert_answer

Yes, after the post graduation or in final year of your post graduation you are eligible as the minimum qualification is 55% (for general) aggregate in masters with relavent field or equivalent from the institute recognised by UGC. Here is the attachment for the details,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FileHandler.pdf(393.2 KB, 2 views)
15th August 2018, 05:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test and that of SET is State Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET/SET:

1. Post graduation in any stream from a recognized university. One year post graduation diploma candidates are not eligible for NET exam.

Two years post graduation with minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required for NET/SET exam.

3. There is no upper age limit for NET/SET for lectureship.
15th August 2018, 06:24 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

According to University Grants Commission rules, post graduation of one year duration is not valid for National Eligibility test.

Eligibility criteria for NET examination:

Post graduation of minimum of two years duration with at least 55% marks in master's degree. It is 50% marks for SC/ST candidates.

No upper age limit for lectureship.
15th August 2018, 06:45 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you must have a Master’s degree which is of 2 years to be eligible for NET/SET entrance examination.
Post- Graduation Diploma is of 1 year duration that is why it may not be accepted or may be.
So don’t take risk and without wasting time you should get admission in Master’s degree in any stream.
15th August 2018, 07:32 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) on behalf of UGC(University Grant Commission) for recruitment of Assistant Professor or Lecturer in Indian universities or colleges.

Candidates must have completed their post-graduation to appear in examination.
There is no maximum age for appearing in NET.
Candidates need to appear in NET only in the subject of their post-graduation.

Rural Development is not mentioned in the list of the list of subjects for NET but you can appear in NET through Course Code number 12 named MBA or you can choose Sociology as subject.
15th August 2018, 08:56 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for National Eligibility Test after completion of one year post graduation diploma in rural development.

Essential criteria for UGC NET exam:

Post graduation in any stream of minimum two years duration. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required.
15th August 2018, 09:44 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NET /SET after completion of post graduation diploma in Rural Development:-

If you your degree is equivalent for masters degree then you are eligible for NET exam.

Those candidates have completed masters degree from a recognised University are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above in masters degree. SC / ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship, there is no upper age limit but the minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of government colleges lecturer and P.hD entrance.
15th August 2018, 11:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

One year post graduation candidates are not eligible for UGC National Eligibility Test examination.

The eligibility criteria is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required.

No upper age limit for lectureship.
15th August 2018, 11:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NET/SET stands for National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test.

The academic qualification required for NET examination is master's degree in any stream of minimum two years duration from a recognized university. You should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for lectureship.
15th August 2018, 11:47 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can not apply for National Eligibility Test after completion of post graduation diploma in rural development.

The reason is that you have done one year master's degree which is not allowed. You need to pursue two years bachelor's degree to become eligible for NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?