22nd December 2011, 10:35 AM
renirain15

Am I eligible for upcoming CSAT Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 31-03-1982?

respected Sir,am i eligible for csat 2012? my date of birth is 31 march 1982.plz tell me

22nd December 2011, 01:01 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for upcoming CSAT Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 31-03-1982?

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test. This exam is being condcuted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

After qualifying in this exam, the candidate has to crack civil services main examination in order to be eligible for Interview by cracking which you will be placed in various civil services like
-IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
-IPS (Indian Police Service)
-IRS (Indian Revenue Service)

Here is the required eligibility criteria for this exam.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

You did not mention the category to which you belong. Irrespective of your category with a date of birth of 31-03-1982, you are eligible to take up this exam.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
22nd December 2011, 03:37 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for upcoming CSAT Exam being a candidate with a date of birth of 31-03-1982?

Dear pal,
CSAT is civil service exam conducted by the union public service commission. The exam is the preliminary stage for filling the vacancy available in the various services like administrative service and police service.
To appear for the exam you must have obtained bachelor degree from a recognised university. To appear for the exam the maximum age is 30 above which a general category aspirant will not be allowed to attempt the exam. The relaxation for bc and mbc aspirant is maximum of 3 years for sc and st aspirants it is 5 years.
If you are from general category you can not apply for the exam. The services being prestigious the competition for them exam will be more and to avoid competition in the later stages the paper is made tough. I would suggest you to do preparation for a good time interval.
22nd December 2011, 04:13 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend according to your date of birth you are 29 years old now, then yes your are eligible for CSAT exam.

If you are from general category students then you will get only one chance to crack the exam..
Because the upper age limit for general category students is 30 years.

But if you are from SC/ST category then there is an upper age relaxation of 5 years..
For OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, prepare for the exam and try to crack the exam at the very first attempt.

All the best.
22nd December 2011, 07:31 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for this exam.

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test exam. The exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission)

* Candidates should be graduate from a recognized university.

Age limits:

* Candidates for general category should be 21 to 30 years
* Relaxation for OBC category for 3 years
* Relaxation for SC/ST category for 5 years

Syllabus:

* Communication skills
* History
* Politics
* English
* Economics
* Comprehension
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Attempts:

* For General category - 4 attempts
* For SC/ST category - No limits
* For OBC category - 7 attempts

Best wishes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?