8th January 2019, 05:57 PM
Sharmilaroshan

Is B.Ed compulsory to get teacher job in government schools or colleges?

I'm Sharmila and I have completed my MA ENGLISH and working as a teacher, should I have do pursue B.Ed course as well in order to get teacher jobs in any government schools or colleges?

14th January 2019, 05:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to get teacher job in government schools or colleges?

To become teacher in government colleges or schools candidates have to appear and qualify in CTET or TET.

The required minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have bachelor degree or diploma degree in education.

So, you have to pursue the course to appear for recruitment examination conducted for selection as teacher in schools or colleges.
14th January 2019, 09:22 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory to get teacher job in government schools or colleges?

It is not compulsory to have B.Ed degree even candidates with D.Ed qualification are also eligible to appear for the examination for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

So, you just need to focus on the preparation for the examination and pursue B.Ed ( if do not have the qualification ) to become eligible to appear for the examination.

The common eligibility to get admission in B.Ed course is that candidate must have bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% aggregate.
15th January 2019, 11:12 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education and it is two year or four semester course from a recognised institute.

Candidates with D.Ed or B.Ed course are only eligible to appear for CTET or TET examination. Candidates after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for recruitment after qualifying in the examination.

So, you have to pursue the course as per your present qualification and the required qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?