7th December 2018, 04:16 PM
syed.imran987

Can a B.Com candidate pursue MCA having Mathematics in Intermediate?

I have completed my UG degree B.Com and my Intermediate from Commerce stream. I had Business Mathematics in my Intermediate. Now, is it possible to pursue MCA?

12th December 2018, 08:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Com candidate pursue MCA having Mathematics in Intermediate?

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and it is professional master degree course with a very good career scope in the software world and IT industry.

Further, the basic qualifications required for pursuing the same degree course is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Mathematics as a main subject is required at least for a duration of one year either at higher secondary school degree level or at graduation level.

So, having Mathematics paper at your Class 12th level, you are eligible for pursuing MCA from most of the colleges as few colleges even ask for Mathematics as a main subject at graduation level also.
13th December 2018, 08:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Com candidate pursue MCA having Mathematics in Intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in MCA course. It is Master in Computer Application and is three year course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised institute.

For admission in some of the institutes it is mandatory to have Mathematics as main paper in bachelor degree or 12th.

So, kindly visit the official website of the institutes for detail information about the admission procedure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?