5th July 2011, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Can B.Des from IIT Guwahati apply for IES and IFS?

A person holding degree of Bachelor of Design from IIT Guwahati is eligible for IES and IFS exam of UPSC?

8th March 2012, 01:16 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.Des from IIT Guwahati apply for IES and IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A person holding degree of Bachelor of Design from IIT Guwahati is eligible for IES and IFS exam of UPSC?
IES stands for Indian Engineering Service Exam and to be eligible for it, candidate must hold a degree in engineering. Bachelor of Design is considered eligible for the examination, no matter which institutes it has been pursued from.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Exam and to be considered eligible for it, one must have studied any one of the following subjects in the Bachelors Degree program.
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Physics-Statistics-Zoology

So, basically as per your qualification, you won't be eligible to apply for any of these examination.
9th March 2012, 11:43 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can B.Des from IIT Guwahati apply for IES and IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I am sorry top say that you are not eligible for I.E.S & I.F.S exam after passing B.Design..

I.E.S is Indian Engineering services..
I.F.S is Indian Forest Services

And I.F.S & I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

For I.E.S exam you have to pass the engineering in any stream among the following:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

For I.F.S you have to pass graduation in subject like engineering-zoology-biology-maths-physics-chemistry etc

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?