1st December 2018, 12:24 PM
NayanA k

Can a B.Sc Mathematics candidate is allowed to appear for CAT?

Sir, I have 83 percentage in 10th and 77 percentage in 12. I am a B.Sc Mathematics student. Can I apply for CAT exam after completing my B.Sc in Mathematics?

3rd December 2018, 11:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Mathematics candidate is allowed to appear for CAT?

CAT is Common Admission Test. The examination is conducted for admission in MBA course.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate. There is no age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination after bachelor degree.
5th December 2018, 10:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CAT is Common Admission Test. It is conducted for admission in MBA course. The examination is conducted every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear in the examination is bachelor degree. Candidate must have scored minimum 50% to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree in mathematics.
7th December 2018, 03:33 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Further, the minimum marks required in bachelor's degree course is 50% (or 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ).

So, being a student of B.Sc in Mathematics degree course, you will be eligible for appearing in CAT once you complete your bachelor degree course with the minimum specified marks.

For more details regarding CAT, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?