4th September 2017, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Can a BA graduate become a Fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

I have chosen English hon's in graduation. Can I become fighter pilot in air force.I have complete intermediate exam with maths and physics. Everyone told me that I m not eligible to join air force or navy because I have not chosen BSc in graduation. Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a BA graduate become a Fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  2. What are the requirements of becoming a fighter pilot? How can I become one?
  3. Can I become a fighter pilot in India Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I become a fighter pilot after 12th through NDA?
  5. Can I become a fighter pilot through NDA?
  6. Can a girl become a fighter pilot in IAF? What is the procedure to apply for it?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Fighter Pilot in the Indian Air Force? Do I have to join any Training Institutes for it?
  8. Can I become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force? Information about Physical eligibility and exam pattern?
  9. Which exams should I take to become a women fighter pilot in Indian Air force? What are the terms and conditions?
  10. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  11. What should I follow to join Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot after completion of BA English? -- [New]
  12. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force in fighter pilot branch?
  14. BA student can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot
  15. Can I become a fighter pilot in IAF through NDA after class 12th
  16. Passed 12th MCVC in Electrical Technology : Can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?
  17. What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot? I have obtained 89.4% marks in 10th class
  18. What can I do after completion of MCVC?
5th September 2017, 03:43 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a BA graduate become a Fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have chosen English hon's in graduation. Can I become fighter pilot in air force.I have complete intermediate exam with maths and physics. Everyone told me that I m not eligible to join air force or navy because I have not chosen BSc in graduation. Please help me.

Sorry, to inform you that you are not eligible to apply for Indian air force as fighter pilot, because for Indian air force flying branch applicant must have done bachelors in science stream.

>> After completing your graduation you can apply for CDS (Combined Defence Services) exam carried out twice in a year by UPSC to recruit eligible candidate for Indian defence services.

Branches to join in Indian Air Force after CDS :-

1). Logistic and Administration branch.

2). Ground Duty Branch.

3). Flying Branch.(Only science stream candidates are allowed).

>> Through CDS exam you can apply for Logistic, Administration and ground duty branch.

Eligibility for CDS Exam:-

>> For CDS exam only Indian citizens are allowed to apply.

>> Both male and female candidates are allowed to apply.

>> Applicant age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

>> For Indian defence services applicant must be physically and mentally strong.
5th September 2017, 04:36 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

Sorry dear, you cannot become a fighter pilot in Indian Air force because of the educational eligibility criteria which hoes on like this.

IAF Pilot Educational Qualification :

B.Sc. (Physics / Maths) 3 years or B.E. 4 years or B.Sc. (General) 3 years with Physics and Maths. The candidate should not have failed INS-B / PAB Test earlier. Should not have been suspended in Flying Training earlier.
5th September 2017, 11:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a B.A. graduate can become a Fighter pilot in Indian Air Force.

There are two ways to join the Flying Branch and eventually become a Fighter Pilot of IAF :-

* NDA Entry (after 12th Science with PCM subjects)

* After Graduation (any 3 or 4 years long Graduation course along with 12th standard Science stream with PCM subjects)

After Graduation (CDSE, AFCAT ,SSC and NCC entry modes):

Through CDSE (for men only)

After clearing the CDSE in order to join Air Force Academy (AFA), the candidate is kept under training from AFA, and get permanent commission as pilots.

Through NCC Special entry (for men only)

The candidate can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force if holds an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) . Only men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

Through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)

This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.
9th January 2018, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am doing graduation in B.A. But I had pcm in 12 .Am I eligible to be a fighter pilot through CDS as in it educational qualification written in graduation degree with physics and maths at 10 2 level
22nd April 2019, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th class with pcm , now I am doing BA , can I apply for flying branch in AFCAT 2019?
24th April 2019, 11:55 AM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Yes, Arts student can very well join Indian Air Force as Officer/Airman.
In case of Officer, Arts student can apply for Flying as well as Ground Duty Branch. ... Apart from NDA, CDSE, EKT, AFCAT examinations, IAF also conductes FTS (Fast Track Selection) . You can attend the same.

To become a Pilot in IAF:----
Candidates should be an Indian by nationality.
The applicant must either be appearing or have passed 12th with Physics and Mathematics to appear for NDA exam.
29th July 2023, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

First of all Jai Hind, I Always doubtful, I don't have any B.Tech , Bsc or Aeronautical Engeneering degree to become a Fighhter Pilot in the IAF .but I have BA degree . Can I Become a PILOT in the Air Force . Please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?