1st January 2018, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Can a diploma holder get admission into IIT after qualifying a certain rank in JEE Advanced?

I took diploma course after class 10. Am I eligible for admission in IIT after qualifying in advanced ? and if I am eligible, should I apply for JEE mains during my final semester(6th semester ongoing) or after completing my entire diploma course? Since exam for 6th semester in the month of May-June and results for it are likely to be published in the month of November-December. My current semester is 4th semester.

12th April 2018, 12:10 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder get admission into IIT after qualifying a certain rank in JEE Advanced?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT.
Diploma holders are eligible to get a direct admission in a second year of B.Tech and B.E. through LEET exam. LEET exam is conducted for diploma holders who want to get admission in B.E or B.tech courses. This is national level exam. But you can also apply for state level exam.
12th April 2018, 12:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a diploma holder get admission into IIT after qualifying a certain rank in JEE Advanced?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in IIT

Diploma holders are eligible to get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech or B.E. through LEET exam.

LEET exam is conducted for diploma holders who want to get admission in B.E or B.Tech courses.

This is national level exam.

But you can also apply for state level exam.
12th April 2018, 09:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in IIT ,candidate must have minimum qualification of 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks. After passing 12th standard, candidate has to appear in the JEE Mains and after qualifying this examination, a candidate has to appear in the JEE Advanced and those who qualify in JEE Advanced exam and Secure good rank will get admission in IIT.
12th April 2018, 10:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

A diploma holder student can get admission in IIT if he or she qualified in JEE Advanced examination after getting qualified in JEE Mains.
The minimum qualification required to appear in this entrance test is 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?