26th December 2017, 10:48 PM
ThennArasan A

Can an engineering student apply for TNPSC exam?

I passed my engineering in 2014 and now wish to apply for TNPSC group 1 exam. Am I eligible to apply for the group 1 exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for TNPSC Group 1 if I am doing my second year of Engineering?
  2. Can B.E final years apply for group II exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam being a B.Tech EEE 2nd year student? How to apply for it?
  4. TNPSC Group II exam for B.Tech student? Procedure to apply and documents required?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam while doing B.E. Mechanical engineering?
  6. Can I apply for TNPSC exam when I am doing my second year Computer Science?
  7. B.Tech(Civil) final year student is eligible for TNPSC Group 1 exam?
  8. Can Btech final year students apply for Tnpsc exams?
  9. How to achieve TNPSC Job being a candidate of pursuing Engineering? Does Coaching necessary to pass these Exams? How to prepare for TNPSC Exam?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exam if I have third class degree?
  11. What is the eligibility for TNPSC Group 1 exam? I am a B.Tech final year student
  12. Am I eligible to apply or write for TNPSC Group II exam? I am studying final year MSc Software Engineering
  13. Can I apply for TNPSC Exam having completed B.Com? Which posts I can apply? When to get the application forms for this exam?
  14. Can I apply for TNPSC exams being a B.Tech Mechanical final year student?
  15. How can I apply for TNPSC Group I exam?
  16. How to apply and write for TNPSC group II exam? Procedure to apply for TNPSC group II exam?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for TNPSC exams after completing BBA from College approved by Alagappa University?
  18. For which group should I apply for Assistant Engineering Posting? I am a PG graduate student in structural engineering
27th December 2017, 04:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an engineering student apply for TNPSC exam?

The full form of TNPSC exam is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for TNPSC Group I exam:

1. You must be graduate in any stream from a recognized university. Bachelor of Engineering candidates can apply for TNPSC Group 1 exam.

2. The age limit for examination is 21-35 years.

You can apply for the TNPSC exam Group 1 exam.
27th December 2017, 05:27 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in TNPSC examination.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-30 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

Candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.
27th December 2017, 06:42 PM
NeptuneSpear

Yes you are eligible to apply for TNPSC Group 1 Exam which consists of posts as follows :

1)Deputy Collector

2)Deputy Superintendent of Police

3)Assistant Commissioner

4)District Registrar

5)District Employment Officer

Age : For all these posts age of a candidate should be between 21 to 30 (35 for candidates belonging to SC,ST,OBC)

Educational Qualification : Bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

Physical Measurements : 165 cm (Men) and 155 cm (Women) and weight should not be less than 50kg.

Eye Vision : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another without colourblindness.
27th December 2017, 07:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission exam. The requirements for Group I exam is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Engineering graduates are eligible for TNPSC examination. You can apply for Group I examination.

The age limit for Group I exam is 21-35 years.
27th December 2017, 08:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, being an engineering student, you are eligible to apply for TNPSC Group 1 examination. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for TNPSC Group 1 examination. The age criteria required to apply for TNPSC Group 1 examination is 21 to 35 years. Since, you have passed Engineering course from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for TNPSC Group 1 examination.
27th December 2017, 08:47 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Yes a engineering student can apply for the TNPSC exam.

For group 1 exam age limit should be 21 to 35 years.
Candidate should have both oral and written knowledge of Tamil language.
Candidate should be medically fit before joining.
27th December 2017, 10:17 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you possess bachelor degree in engineering then you are eligible to appear in TNPSC Group I examination.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-30 years but relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview ). So, it is mandatory to qualify in each stage for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.tnpsc.gov.in
28th December 2017, 07:50 AM
nishanth60

Being engineering graduate, you are definitely eligible to apply for group-1 exam conducted by TNPSC.
-> Graduation in any stream or an equivalent examination pass from University Grants Commission approved college or university is the educational qualification required to apply for this examination.
-> And the age limit to apply for this exam is 21-35 years and the age relaxations for reserved category candidates are :
* 3 years for OBC candidates and Tamil nadu state government employees
* 5 years for SC and ST candidates
* 10 years for Orthopedically handicapped candidates.
-> And selection process of this group-1 exam is
* Screening test(objective type)
* Main exam(descriptive type)
* Personal interview
* Medical fitness test.
-> And the institutes providing good coaching for TNPSC group-1 exam are :
* Eva Stalin ias academy
* Vel career academy
* We shine academy
* Chennai race coaching institute pvt ltd
* Sai ias academy etc.
28th December 2017, 10:22 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC refers to Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and TNPSC examinations are held for recruitment of administrative personnel within the state of Tamil Nadu.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for TNPSC examination having completed your engineering degree i.e; B.E./B.Tech then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible as for appearing in PSC examinations the required educational qualification is a graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

For more details and updates regarding TNPSC examinations you can refer to the link www.tnpsc.gov.in .
28th December 2017, 04:28 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for attending TNPSC Group 1 Exam.

TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission) Group 1 Exam is conducted every year for recruiting the candidates for different posts in government of Tamilnadu.

The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The age limit for Group 1 Exam is 21 - 30 years. This age limit varies based on the post.
- There is age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

For more details about notifications, application forms visit the official website of TNPSC.
28th December 2017, 08:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission and the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in TNPSC examination is a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. Marks and stream of academic degree does not matters for one's eligibility.

So having completed your engineering degree which is also a bachelor degree course you are eligible for appearing in TNPSC examination on the basis of educational requirement for the same but you must satisfy other requirements too.

For more detailed information regarding TNPSC examination you can refer to the official link of TNPSC examination i.e; www.tnpsc.gov.in .
28th December 2017, 08:40 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

For appearing in Group I examination conducted by TNPSC the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recogised university.

So, if you have bachelor degree in engineering then you are eligible to appear in examination but if it is diploma in engineering then you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination.

For recruitment as an officer you have to appear and qualify in all the stages of examination ( written and interview ).
28th December 2017, 09:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC - Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, it is the exam conducted by Tamilnadu Government.

There are four groups in this exam they are group one, two, three and four, that is higher position to lower position.

BE, MSc, etc comes under group 1 and next level position go for other three groups.

Age limit:-

21 to 30 years.

5 years age relaxation for SC / ST.
28th December 2017, 09:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Educational qualification:

Candidate should possess a degree of any of the university in any discipline.

Age limit should be in between 21 to 35 years.

Height should be at least 165 CM for men and 155cm for women.
29th December 2017, 11:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC stands for Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.As a engineering pass candidate, you are eligible for TNPSC.

eligibility of TNPSC:
>>Candidates with a bachelor degree in any stream from a government recognizing institute,are eligible.
>> the age limit is between 21 to 32 year.

For further details, you can visit TNPSC official website.
31st December 2020, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

whether Engineering Graduates is suitable for all type of TNPSC exams like TNPSC 1,TNPSC 2 & TNPSC 4
23rd February 2021, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Is part time Engineering is Eligible for Group 1 exam
13th September 2022, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Industrial engineering degree is best for TNPSC EXAM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?