28th November 2012, 06:53 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for NET exam without masters degree?

sir i am ca with b.com hons. in accounting. i want to attend NET examination. can i fight directly Net exam without master degree. weather ca course is equivalent to master degree or not.

28th November 2012, 08:15 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NET exam without masters degree?

hi,

NET- National Eligibility Test.This exam is conducted by UGC
*this exam will be conducted for the award of junior research fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into lectureship.
Age Limit:
**The candidate age is no upper limit for the lectureship
**For JRF candidates the age limit between 19 to 28 years.
Eligibility Criteria:
**The candidate should have a citizen of India
**The candidate should have to minimum 55% of marks in his graduation course.
**The Candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized university
all the best
28th November 2012, 09:18 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I appear for NET exam without masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am ca with b.com hons. in accounting. i want to attend NET examination. can i fight directly Net exam without master degree. weather ca course is equivalent to master degree or not.
No without master degree you cannot write NET exam.

I donot think that CA course is equivalent to master degree...

Eligibility criteria for NET

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.

NET Exam schedule

NET exams are conducting twice a year, i.e., in the months of June and December by UGC. The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively in the weekly Employment News
28th November 2012, 10:10 AM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No,
Without master degree you cannot apply for Net exam.

MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY FOR NET:-
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from recognised universities are eligible for this Test.

*SC/ST/PWD category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.*Appearing Candidates also eligible .
28th November 2012, 10:28 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Firstly, this is a written examination. So nothing is there to fight out. Next NET or National Eligibility Test is for JRF or Junior Research Fellowship courses. That means if you have a valid NET score then you do not have to sit for any other examination and you will be directly considered in the Ph.D. curriculum. But since you do not have a master degree, how will you be eligible for the Ph.D. program? So you definitely need a master degree for getting into the NET examination. But why do you want to do all this when you have CA. Straightway apply for jobs in consultancy firms. CA is a very popular and efficient course in the job field. Sometimes people go for CA instead of master degree. You can do your master degree along with your job in correspondence. But right now try and get a job.
28th November 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Iam did my metriculation due to some personal reasons I could not finish my intermediate and as well as graduation know I have nearly 9 years of job experience with just metriculation given me an Idea
28th November 2012, 11:55 AM
utsav9
Member+

Dear Friend

The minimum qualification required for NET is master degree from a recognised university.
The UGC-NET is conducted for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.
The NET exam covers almost 80 courses.
If you have done masters in science then you will have to appear CSIR-NET.
If your masters is related with agricultural science then you will have to appear ASRB-NET.

So you cannot appear for NET exam without masters
28th November 2012, 12:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NET is for post graduates only and CA is not equivalent to post graduation so you are not eligible for NET exam.

NET is conducted for lecturership in government colleges and NET scorecard will also help you in getting JRF in your respective field of study.

Almost all the government universities hires NET qualified post graduates as lectures.

So it is necessary to qualify NET if you want a government job as lecturer.

There is age limit for JRF. If you qualify NET before 27 years of age then only you will be eligible for JRF.

For lecturership there is no age limit and if you qualify NET then you can use the scorecard after 27 years of age for lecturer post.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
28th November 2012, 12:51 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

UGC - University Grants Commission conducts the NET- National Eligibility Test exam every year twice in the month of july and december.

Eligibility for UGC NET:-

**You have secured an aggregate of 55% marks in your post graduation from a recognized University..

**In case you are applying for Junior Research Fellowship then you must be less than 28 years of age on the 1st day of the month of the exam..

**There is no restriction on the age limit for candidates applying for lectureship..

for more detials visit website: www.ugcnetonline.nic.in

all the best.........
28th November 2012, 12:51 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

UGC - University Grant Commission

I am sorry to say you that there is no chance for UGC NET without Master's Degree

if you are interested in UGC NET you must have a master's degree with 55% aggregated marks from any recognized university

Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET :

>> Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

>> Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.

all the best.........

Regards.....
Tash
28th November 2012, 01:23 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear,

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test is conducted by UGC which makes candidates eligible for JRF and lectureship.

To write this exam you are required to complete post graduation or equivalent. You cannot write this exam directly after your graduation. Also CA is not equivalent to any master's degree.

So you can go for following PG courses for this exam:
  1. MBA
  2. M.Com

PhD will also makes you eligible for it but that too need a PG degree. So right now take admission in any PG courses you want and qualify it with at least 55%. Then you can write NET exam.

All the best!
28th November 2012, 01:38 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the NET exam without Master Degree.

Compulsory you have the Post Graduation.

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by the Universal Grant Commission.

This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be a citizen of India.

You should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized University.

You should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post gradution course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc\st category.

There is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.

The JRF candidates should be in the age group of 19 to 28 years.

for more information

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best......
28th November 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
DEAR
Yes, you are eligible to appear in NET if you have 55% or plus marks in aggregate in CA final and CA inter.
Recentaly UGC has considered CA equivalent to master degree vide its resolution.

Warm regrads,
CA Ashish Sharma
28th November 2012, 11:14 PM
sudarshansingh1234

Yes you are Eligiblee for UGC NET
recently UGC has approved the following course is valid for appearing UGC NET

these are CA , B.tech and MBBS
master degree is not necessary for CA
B.Tech or MBBS

hence you are eligible
do prepare hard....
thanks
29th November 2012, 07:17 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately you can not appear for National Eligibility Test without a master degree. The guidelines by the University Grants Commission makes it pretty clear that for a candidate to appear for NET exam, must have a post graduation degree.

Now to answer second part of your question. University Grants Commission does not recognize Chartered Accountancy as a post graduation course. I hope they chance this in the future but as for now, this is how the things stand.

I would recommend that you complete M.Com and then apply for the National Eligibility Test. You will need to secure minimum of 55 percent marks in the M.Com to be eligible for the National Eligibility Test which is conducted for College Lectureship and PhD.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. At least 55 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need only 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students can also apply for NET.

6. NET subject you select should be relevant to your post graduation degree.

7. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

8. There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.

9. There isn't any restriction on number of attempts.
29th November 2012, 08:19 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not appear for NET exam without Master Degree.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two times every year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks in any stream from a recognised University. There is no restriction to the upper age for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 27 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
29th November 2012, 11:02 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for NET exam without masters degree?

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

Sorry, You can not join NET without completing your Master degree/ Post Graduate degree......

Eligibility for NET:

1. A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.
  2. No Age Limit for Applying NET.
  3. A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

So, first of all complete your master degree in any stream then you are eligible for it.........
29th November 2012, 12:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Sorry ,dear it is not possible to give NET examination without completion of Master's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Even Final year post graduate candidates can apply for the examination.

NET stands for the National Eligibility test.It is conducted twice every year by UGC.

The certain requirements are :

1.Post graduation is the minimum educational requirement for the NET examinations.

2.You must have secured at least 55% marks in post graduation.

3.The minimum age required to appear for the examination is 21 years.

>>For junior research fellowship: maximum age limit is 28 years.

>>For lectureship,there is no upper age limit.

NET exam pattern:

For any other details,please visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

aashisranjan784
30th November 2012, 02:51 PM
JYOTI PAA

you are not eligible for the NET exam without Master Degree.Compulsory you have the Post Graduation.NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by the Universal Grant Commission.This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be a citizen of India.You should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized University.You should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post gradution course in order to be eligible for this exam.
30th November 2012, 02:59 PM
JYOTI PAA

you are not eligible for the NET exam without Master Degree.Compulsory you have the Post Graduation.NET stands for the National Eligibility Test. This exam conducted by the Universal Grant Commission.This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

You should be a citizen of India.You should complete the Post Graduation from any recognized University.You should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post gradution course in order to be eligible for this exam.
30th November 2012, 04:31 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for NET exam without masters degree?

Quote:

Eligibility For NET Exam

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) every year for lectureship as well as Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

The NET is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December..

A candidate is eligible for appearing for UGC NET only if :-

The candidate has completed his/her post graduation with an aggregate of 55% from a recognized University..

The candidate must be less than 28 years of age if applying for JRF..

I am really sorry but CA is not considered to be an equivalent of post graduation..

you have to first clear your post graduation from a recognized University..

For more information or clarification of your queries you can Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
10th January 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i am graduate
. i want to attend NET examination. can i fight directly Net exam without master degree.
14th January 2013, 01:30 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends..............

I'M sorry to say that its not possible to appear for NET exam without masters degree...........

ALL THE BEST..............
30th June 2013, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

How can a degree(biochemistry) student prepare for net exam??
27th December 2019, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed pg diploma in technical and analytical chemistry from board of technical education Maharashtra,am i eligible for net
31st December 2019, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 38% in NET Dec 2019. As per instructions , 35% is pass marks for SC Cat. NET is only eligibility criterion and not assurance for job /placement. There will be other competitions for jobs. This provision of 6% selection needs to be reconsidered, in view of growing unemployment in the country. UGC review solicited.
13th April 2020, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am pursuing M. Com through Distance Education.
Can I apply for NET exam?
17th August 2020, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

I am b.A Bed. do i am eligible for ugc net exam.i am not post graduate? please tell.
12th June 2021, 07:13 PM
Singhskomal

Sorry but you can't appear for UGC NET (National eligibility teat) according to UGC rules you must be postgraduate with minimum 55% with recognized University...relaxation only for reserve candidate sc/ st,obc..
All the best
29th July 2022, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I have sexcured the Mcom degre during the year 1992 . And I have ony 53 % of marks. Would I get any relaxation for eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?