10th February 2019, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in PhD entrance exam without 55% marks in M.Com?

Sir, can I apply for PhD entrance exam without 55% marks in Post Graduation? I have completed M.Com with 53% marks. Is there any private university offering PhD where I can try for admission?

14th February 2019, 10:12 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in PhD entrance exam without 55% marks in M.Com?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Doctorate of Philosophy.

The minimum required qualification to pursue is that :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no age limit to get admission.

So, you are not eligible to pursue the course as you do not have required minimum aggregate.
14th February 2019, 02:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Ph.D stands for Doctorate of Philosophy. The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

Candidate with less than 55% aggregate are not eligible to appear for the examination to get admission in the course.

So, you are not eligible for the admission in the course.
14th February 2019, 08:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Ph.D course.

The minimum required aggregate to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course with only 53% aggregate in master course.
15th February 2019, 05:00 PM
praveenyoutuber

No, you are not eligible to Ph.D. because To pursue a Ph.D. Commerce course, a candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Commerce from a recognized university. Also the masters in Biology/Pharmacy and Commerce or the relevant stream with an aggregate of 55% marks and also with valid Ph.D. entrance test along with the interview.
16th February 2019, 09:42 PM
Meg24

To pursue P.H.D in any field you need to have a minimum 55 percentage marks in your post graduation stream .
The only eligibility criteria for the same is that the Candidate should have completed post graduation from a recognised Indian University with more than 55 percent marks.
So as you'dont have the basic eligiblity required you are not eligible for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?