28th April 2017, 05:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for bank with graduate degree without completing the age of 20

I am from DU and I'll complete our graduation this year but my age is under 20(above 19).So,can I apply for bank po this year?

28th April 2017, 02:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank with graduate degree without completing the age of 20

To be eligible for Bank PO positions, age limit should be 20 to 30 years for General Candidates. Candidate should complete his/her graduation in any discipline with prescribed percentage marks defined by respective Bank. Normally it will be 55 % or 60%.

Generally Banks will fix a cut off date for Age & Education fulfilments. That means as on cut off date Candidate should be in the age limit and should have respective educational qualifications. Some times banks in the notification also mention that who have attended the final exams and waiting for results are also eligible to apply.

To get the clear information it would be good to read the Bank PO notification. It will mention clearly about age and educational qualifications.
28th April 2017, 04:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for bank with graduate degree without completing the age of 20

Yes definitely you can apply for banking jobs after completing your graduation but you can apply for clerical jobs because for that minimum age required is 18 and maximum is 45 years but still the eligibility criteria changes from bank to bank so you have to check the eligibility criteria before applying.
For other Manager jobs candidate must have attained the age of 21.
28th April 2017, 08:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can't apply for IBPS entrance examination for recruitment as PO before 20 years.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 20-28 years as on 01st July of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you are not of 20 years you will be not eligible to appear for examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
28th April 2017, 09:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming a bank probationary officer in any nationalized bank of India you need to qualify bank entrance examination like SBI Bank examination and SBI bank examination.

Being under 20 years old you are certainly not eligible for appearing in any of the bank PO entrance examination as the minimum age for appearing in IBPS bank PO examination is 20 years and that for appearing in SBI bank examination is 21 years.

For details about IBPS bank examination you can refer to its official link which is www.ibps.in and for details about SBI bank examination you can refer to its official website i.e; www.sbiexam.com.
28th April 2017, 09:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for bank job without completion of your graduation at the age of 20 years. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized university and those who have attained the minimum age of 21 years are eligible to apply for bank examinations. So, I suggest you to complete your Bachelor's degree course from a recognized university and by that time, you will attain the age of 21 years and you are eligible to apply for bank examinations.
28th April 2017, 10:00 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

PO stands for Probationary Officer.

The minimum requirements for Probationary officer examination:

Academic Qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Age limit: 20-30 years for IBPS PO and 21-30 years for SBI PO exam.

You can not apply for this exam if you have not attained minimum age of 20 years.
28th April 2017, 10:29 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

You are not eligible for Bank PO exam due to age criteria. You can apply for Bank PO only and only after completion of your 21 years on 1st April of the examination year.

Bank Exam Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 20 to 28 year for Bank Clerk and 21 to 30 years for Bank PO exams. Age relaxation available 3 year to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Bank Exam Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning
- English
- General Awareness
- Computer Awareness

Best Preparation Books For Bank Exams
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Objective General English by S.P.Bakshi
- General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- Computer Literacy and Knowledge For Bank PO and Bank Clerk Exam by Kiran Prakashan
- Computer Fundamentals by Pradeep Sinha and Priti Sinha

SBI PO Important Dates
- Online Application Process Starts : 07.02.2017
- Last Date of Application : 06.03.2017
- Downloading of Call Latter : 15.04.2017
- SBI PO Preliminary Exam : 29th & 30th April, 6th & 7th May, 2017
- Result of SBI PO Exam : 17.05.2017
- Download of SBI Main Call Latter : 22.05.2017
- SBI Main Exam : 04.06.2017
29th April 2017, 02:06 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age limit to appear for entrance examination conducted for recruitment as Probationary Officer in banks is 20 years.

There is relaxation in upper age limit to appear for entrance examination for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination now and have to wait for the next year to appear for examination. The examination is conducted by IBPS and SBI for recruitment as www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
29th April 2017, 03:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming a bank probationary officer in any nationalized bank of India you need to qualify bank examinations held by IBPS i.e; IBPS bank PO entrance examination or held by SBI i.e; SBI bank PO entrance examination.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in these entrance examination then I would like to let you know that being 19 years old you are not eligible for same right now as for IBPS bank entrance examination your minimum age is required to be 20 years where as for SBI bank PO entrance examination it is required to be at least 21 years.

For more details and updates regarding IBPS bank examinations and SBI bank examinations you can refer to their respective official links which are www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.com.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?