14th May 2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for BCA even though after getting compartment in Economics?

I have appeared for my 12th Board exams from Commerce stream with Business Mathematics. However, I got compartment in Economics and have passed in Mathematics. Can I apply for BCA course in any colleges?

22nd May 2019, 11:49 PM
LegendKiller99

Default Re: Can I apply for BCA even though after getting compartment in Economics?

No you can not get admission in BCA after getting compartment in your 12th board exams.
You can apply for it after you clear your compartment exam successfully.

General eligibility to apply for BCA is clear pass 12th board examinations with minimum 50% marks in total with mathematics as a subject in the qualifying examination.
23rd May 2019, 04:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for BCA even though after getting compartment in Economics?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Graduation course being offered by many colleges in India.

Since you have completed your 10+2, you are eligible to join BCA course. Since you have Mathematics subject in your Intermediate, it is an added advantage for you as you can easily understand Mathematics in BCA course.

Direct admission would be given for this course in many of the colleges.

You can list out of the top colleges in your area and choose best out of them.

Submit the application form and pay the required fee. Also submit your academic certificates and get admission.

Some top colleges will also conduct Entrance Exam to give admission. If there is Entrance Exam, have good preparation for the same and ensure you score good marks in the Entrance Exam to confirm your admission.

You did not mention your percentage of marks in your 10+2. If you have scored more than 60% of marks, surely you are eligible to get admission for BCA course in most of the colleges.

Soon after the completion of this course, you can go for job opportunities in software companies. Also, you will be eligible for so many public sector job opportunities like
Bank PO jobs
Railway jobs
Civil Services
SSC Jobs etc.

If you are interested in higher studies, you can opt for
MCA
M.Sc courses.

But unlike BCA, there is no direct admission for Post Graduate courses. You need to qualify in the respective Entrance Exam, then only you can get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?