12th July 2020, 09:29 AM
Vidhii singh

Can I apply and write the CLAT having failed in one paper in Intermediate?

I failed in one subject in class 12th Board exams but result says I’m Pass. Am I eligible to write CLAT exam? Will I get in NLU Kolkata (NUJS) having failed in one paper? Would I have to appear for supplementary paper?

15th July 2020, 03:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply and write the CLAT having failed in one paper in Intermediate?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and the minimum education required for appearing in CLAT Ug examination is a Class 12th or equivalent degree course with at least 45% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates) from a recognised board of education.

So, if you have been issued a Passing Certificate (i.e; Pass Status) from your concerned board of examination despite being failed in one of your papers in Class 12th then you are eligible to apply for CLAT UG otherwise if your result status shows Compartment or Fail then you will have to clear all your backlog papers first to be eligible for appearing in the CLAT.

For details and FAQs regarding the CLAT, you can refer to the link https://clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?