19th August 2016, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Dietitian after M.Sc in Home Science without any specialization?

Can I become dietitian after M.Sc. home science without specialization because my college does not provide specialization. We have studied nutrition as well as resource management.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to become a Dietitian for M.A.(Home Science, Food & Nutrition) and Diploma in Nutrition & Health Education candidate?
  2. Dietitian or Nutritionist after B.Sc in home science and M.Sc in food nutrition?
  3. Post graduation in correspondence after B.Sc with home science with specialization in Human development? Which course would be suitable for my field of graduation?
  4. Is it mandatory to take the same subject which we take in PG as specialization in Ph.D?
  5. Which one is better between Microbiology and Dietitian? Average salary after M.Sc Microbiology or Dietitian? -- [New]
  6. How can I join for dietitian course in Kerala?
  7. Which courses are available in Pune University after completing BCS in Pune
  8. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?
  9. How to do MSc food through correspondence after doing BSc Home Science
  10. How to join Dietitian course after passing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which is better when compared to M.Sc computer science and M.Sc Electronics?
  12. Which course I can take in masters after completion of B.Sc in Home Science?
  13. Relevant courses in post graduation through correspondence after completing B.Sc with home science in Human and development?
  14. Can I do dietitian course after graduating in Arts? I am 35 years old
  15. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Dietitian) for Physiotherapy postgraduate?
  16. Is it possible to do nutrition and dietitian course after completion of BCA course?
  17. What should I opt for specialization after MSc from DU?
  18. How to do dietitian course? What is the fee structure and the last date?
21st August 2016, 05:00 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become a Dietitian after M.Sc in Home Science without any specialization?

After completion of M.Sc (Home Science) , You are also eligible to become a dietician. You will require to do dietetics intership to become a dietician.

Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) with science stream for UG course & bachelor's degree in Home Science/Food Technology/Nutrition for PG course.
- Some well reputed institutes also demand minimum percentage criteria in qualifying exam & conduct entrance exam.

Steps to Become A Dietician
- Appear entrance exam & get good score.
- Get provision registration certificate from medical council of india.
- After getting certificate , You can do 1 year dietetics internship which is compulsory to become a practicing dietician.
- After completion of your internship , Take up the registered dietetics exam to get lifetime membership of IDA (Indian Dietetics Association).

Required Skills For Dietician
- Good Communication
- Effective Writing
- Understanding Nature
- Ability to Interact Well With People
- Confident & Caring Manner

Career Prospects
As a dietician , You can get placement in government or private hospitals , health centres & can earn Rs.15,000/- to Rs.20,000/- per month. After getting experience , You can earn more.
27th August 2021, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a Dietitian after M.Sc in Home Science without any specialization?

I have home science but I don%u2019t have any science subject so can I become dietitian?
15th August 2022, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

i have completed M.Sc home science and i have 10 2 also home science subject so i have possible to dietitian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?