14th July 2011, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer if I have passed my 12th from commerce stream?

I have just passed out my std from c.b.s.e. in delhi. and I want to become an ips officer or acp in delhi police.i have commerce stream can i became an ips officer ? If i can then how it could be possible for me ? plz reply

14th July 2011, 10:16 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer if I have passed my 12th from commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed out my std from c.b.s.e. in delhi. and I want to become an ips officer or acp in delhi police.i have commerce stream can i became an ips officer ? If i can then how it could be possible for me ? plz reply

Information Regarding IPS Examination.

After 12th class you can not apply for the IPS examination. The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC in every year for the selection of talented candidates of India as the post of IPS officer. IPS officer job is known as the one of the best job of India.

To appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation student are also eligible for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appear of this examination.

The age relaxation is applicable for the reservation category candidates :
->For SC/ST candidates :- 21 to 35 years
->For OBC candidates :- 21 to 33 years.
->For Ex-service man :- 21 to 35 years.
->For PD candidates :- 21 to 40 years.

So, i suggest you to first do graduation in any stream and then you can apply for the IPS examination.

For more information regarding IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
14th July 2011, 11:23 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer if I have passed my 12th from commerce stream?

Quote:
ABOUT UPSC CSAT EXAMINATION -

If your Aim is to become IPS Officer, then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. And the examination was conducted by UPSC every year. But to apply for this exams you need to purse a graduate degree course because graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

And You have Passed your 12Th Now From Commerce stream, Then you are not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination Now, So please go with your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

You can do any Graduate degree course according to your Own Interest.

Eligiblity Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Examination -

- To apply for this exams, you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years (If you are general candidate).

- Final year Graduate Candidates are also eligible to apply for This examination.

The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates and general candidates will gets only 4 Attempts to crack this examination.

The Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of February every year and the notification also updated in the UPSC Official website.

Eligible candidates may apply for UPSC CSAT Examination Online.

The examination was conducted in 2 stages, First Preliminary Examination and After Clear the Preliminary Examination You are allow to sit in Main examination, Preliminary examination have 2 papers of Objective Type of 200 marks each and in main examination you have to choose optional subject on the basis of graduation.

But Now you have completed your 12Th examination, So you are Not eligible for this examination, So please complete your Graduation and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination And for complete information please visit the UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
14th July 2011, 11:49 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes you may also apply for

IPS officer.

for this you prepare your self goodly.
14th July 2011, 01:39 PM
raja badam

Thumbs up Re: Can I become an IPS officer if I have passed my 12th from commerce stream?

Any one want to become an IPS officer Minimum Education qualification is Graduation From any Recognized University with any discipline.

And also some Eligibility conditions apply,

I am discussing here very clearly

Age requirement

During the year of applying of the examination the candidates must have attained 21 years of age on 1st of August.minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limits is 30 in the case of candidates coming under general category and 33 for OBC candidates and 35 for candidates coming under SC/ST category.In the case of ex-service man an age relaxation of 5 or years is given

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height:

For General category males 165cm,females 150cm

For SC/ST/OBC candidates males 160cm,females 145cm

Chest:

Minimum requirement in the case of males candidates is 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm they should be able expand the chest for 5cm

Eye sight:6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.Near vision for worse eyes is J2 and for good eye is J1.

The Physical standards are essential for IPS,which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes,rope climbing,horse riding,PT obstacles,etc..

Now on wards you have to thing only these,you can become IPS after your first attempt.

All the Best for you
14th July 2011, 04:02 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
no you cannot become an IPS officer only by completing 12th .
for this you must have a graduation degrre in any stream . so first complete your graduation first
for further detail please visit the official website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
thanks
14th July 2011, 04:20 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
no you cannot become an IPS officer only by completing 12th .
for this you must have a graduation degrre in any stream . so first complete your graduation first
for further detail please visit the official website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
thanks
14th July 2011, 04:34 PM
sumit 1989

Quote:
Hi, its nice to see you in high spirits to join the police. But now after 10+2 you are not eligible for applying for IPS exam. You need to be a graduate before applying. The name of the exam is CIVIL SERVICES and conducted by UPSC.

So complete your graduation first and yes keep preparing for CIVIL SERVICES, clear it and live your dream.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
14th July 2011, 06:37 PM
kritika@Hans

hello friend
to become an ips officer you must have completed graduation in any stream with a minimum of 60% marks
then you become eligible to give the entrance exam for ips officer....
but since you have completed 12 so i will suggest you to first compplete your graduation with good score and prepare yourself for the exam
best of luck
14th July 2011, 06:54 PM
Sagar Keshari

for ips officer you need to pass graduation from any stream and must have scored atleast fifty percentage marks through out. after your graduation you need to give civil service examination and if you qualify in the exam in a grade then you can get into the job that too after clearing your medical test.
14th July 2011, 08:15 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

if you are graduate student having age between the 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to attempt the ips exam conducted by the upsc.

the general category student are allowed to give 4 attempts for the ips exam while obc category students can attempt for 7 times .
there is no restriction on the sc/st candidates to attempt the ips exam.
there is relaxation of 3 years for the obc candidates than the upper age limit while sc/st candidates have the relaxation of the 5 years than the upper age limit.

for more information about the ips exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
24th July 2011, 07:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

IPS (Indian Police Service or Indian Postal Service) examination are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria for UPSC IPS exam are as follows: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelor’s degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply.

After 10+2 you are not eligible IPS exam.

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
30th July 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i have passed inter exam icse with 49% and i want to become an engineer.
9th August 2011, 11:41 AM
DN358
Banned

For becoming IPS you can choose any stream in which you have interest.
But in my opinion You can go for Arts.Because it helps to crack IPS exam.
IPS exam generally consist of Geographical,Historical questions.
So Arts stream helps you a lot.
9th August 2011, 11:42 AM
DN358
Banned

complete your question if you wanted to ask is commerce better or arts for ips then for this you have to be perfect in your stream only there is nothing which stream is better because in upsc you have to select your subject in which you wants to give exam then go for that stream in which you are more intersted and will do your best.best of luck friend
9th August 2011, 11:43 AM
DN358
Banned

it totally depends on your choice which stream your comfortable with. well for IPS officer just prepare well for the entrance you will do well stream doesnt matter that much though all the best with your decision though good luck my dear
15th August 2011, 02:03 PM
saurabhkaushal333

After 12th class you can not apply for the IPS examination. The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC in every year for the selection of talented candidates of India as the post of IPS officer. IPS officer job is known as the one of the best job of India.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation student are also eligible for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appear of this examination.

So, i suggest you to first do graduation in any stream and then you can apply for the IPS examination.

good luk...
16th August 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 2 with science branch from karnataka.
My native place is u.p. I want to improve my place and hence i want to be a commissionar or dsp ,am i aligibel to apply for the post if not then what should i do pleaz really me soon on [email protected] plz......... Plz.......
22nd August 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

how i can std 12th class
16th October 2011, 01:52 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

For more information regarding IPS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th February 2012, 11:02 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in as IPS officer.This exam is one of the Civil Service Commission.This exam is carried out by UPSC every year.

Regarding your qualification,you cannot write the IPS Officer after doing +2.

As far regarding the education qualification for the IPS Exam,the candidate need to have completed a degree.

The other criteria's which is framed for the IPS Exam is:

Candidate need to be a citizen of India and must have a age limit of 21-30 years.There is exception for other candidates.The education qualification for the IPS Exam is that the candidate need to have completed a degree in any discipline in order to apply for the exam.The candidate should not have been a IAS or IFS officer.The candidate need to be physically fit.

As you don't satisfy the education qualification for the exam you are ineligible to apply for the IPS Exam

You can get more information regarding the IPS Exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
14th February 2012, 12:13 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Yes, You are surely eligible for becoming an IPS officer. To become an IPS officer you must appear in an exam conducted by UPSC. For appearing in that exam you must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years. So you are surely eligible for appearing in this exam and becoming an IPS officer. But you must wait at least three more years for that and in that time you must finish your graduation of any stream. I would suggest you to choose any stream which will be very easy for you to clear so that you can prepare for UPSC exam which will be a little tough exam to clear.
14th February 2012, 01:05 AM
rvidyasagar

IPS (Indian Police Service) is a part of the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

To become eligible to appear for this exam, you should be at least a graduate from any recognized university. Of course, the discipline in which you become a graduate does not matter.

So, join any undergraduate course stream of your liking and strength, finish the course with flying colours and then sit for the exam. Of course, while selecting the discipline, do keep in mind the contingency that you may not be successful in the exam and the discipline should support you to get a good employment from the market.

All the best.
14th February 2012, 02:08 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To become an IPS officer one has to qualify in IPS exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year...

Eligibility for IPS exam:------
-----------------------------

***Educational qualification***

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university..

2.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam..

3.No such percentage criteria is required to appear in the exam.

4.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years..

5.candidate has to be physically fit..

6.Candidate must be a citizen of India..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done the 10+2 in commerce field then you are not eligible for the exam wright now...But after completion of graduation course you can apply for the exam...
So, don't bother about that.. Just try to complete the graduation course as soon as possible..

All the best.
14th February 2012, 06:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After passing 12th Commerce it not possible to be a IPS officer for which you have to complete graduation degree course.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

There are certain physical fitness criteria for those who is applying for IPS:-
Height
For male candidate -165cm and for female-150cm for general category and for SC/ST/OBC male the height should be 160cm and for female candidate-145cm.
Chest
For male candidate 84cm which should expendable to 5cm and in case of female candidate it must be 79cm.
The candidate should posses good eye sight for applying IPS.
For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
14th February 2012, 09:29 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.P.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

all the best.
12th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hi i whant become a ips police but which study materials to study for civil service exam and entrance exam can any friend help me plz
27th November 2012, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m also interested in becoming an acp officer and i m doing ca .so i wanna ask that after my ca what should i do for preparation of upsc exams?how to prepare ?
28th November 2012, 01:14 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become an IPS officer if I have passed my 12th from commerce stream?

Quote:

Eligibility To Become IPS Officer

The recruitment for the Indian Police Service is done through Civil Service Exams which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

You need to satisfy the following minimum eligibility criterion for appearing for Civil Service Exam :-

>> You must have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> You must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general..21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> You must also satisfy the physical requirements to clear the medical examination..

You can belong to any stream for appearing for the Civil Services..its absolutely fine..

You will have to clear the following rounds to get selected :-

>> Prelims
>> Mains
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination

I have attached some of the previous year papers of the Prelims exam and also the physical requirements..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IPS Physical Eligibility.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	123863  
Attached Files
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 121 views)
2nd January 2013, 08:47 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

No, you can not give the civil service examination unless you are a graduate or a final year graduationn student ..and your age should be in between 21-30years.
You can be a graduate in any field from a recognized Indian university
3rd January 2013, 02:16 AM
Snehithreddy

hi..........friends

Eligibility for IPS exam:

--Sorry, you can not apply After 12th class for IPS

-- If you want to apply ypu should a completed graduate or final year and from recognized university

--your age should be in between 21-30years.

--You must also satisfy the physical requirements to clear the medical examination.

--NO problem any specilization with graduate.

Age Limit :

-- Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

--Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

Number of attempts :

--General Candidates -> 4

--OBC -> 7

--SC/ST -> No Limit

All the best............................
25th August 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir plz telll me can we study in any collage for garadute for become ops officer
Sir plz contact me in my email id [email protected]
3rd October 2013, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
simple
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?