20th July 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I crack IAS Exam while working in a Software company from Mumbai?

I am presently working in a software company in Mumbai can i crack IAS while working and from Mumbai.

Related Questions:
  1. Best coaching centres for IES in Pune? I am working in a software company in Pune and want to crack IES exam
  2. Can I crack IAS entrance exam after after completing MBA?
  3. Is it possible to continue CA studies while working in Software company after MCA?
  4. For which post do the software companies hire diploma holders? Currently I am working in telecom networking company but not interested in job. Should I quite this or complete my year?
  5. How to do CA after completing graduation with B.Tech? I am working as a software engineer in IT company
  6. Can I apply for IAS Exam having completed MCA and working as a Software Engineer?
  7. How can I get a job in IT company? I have completed BSc IT form Mumbai University
  8. How to become an IAS officer while being a software professional?
  9. Can I pursue MBA course being a candidate working as Software Engineer for 4 years? Is this a good approach of taking coaching for CAT Exam for 1 year to get admission for MBA in reputed college?
  10. Is there any way for me to get admission for MBA course without appearing for CAT Exam having completed B.Tech in IT and working in a Software company from 1 year?
  11. Can I do Software related courses if working in IBM after completing B.Tech(E&TC) and Software Testing course? What should I do if doesn't get permission? -- [New]
  12. How to get a government job after completing B.Tech in CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which Certification courses can I do being a candidate having done MBA in Finance and working with Software Company as Business Analyst?
  14. Which is a better option working in a software company or doing internship training in well established mechanical core company for 1 year?
  15. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  16. Job in Air force as a Software engineer after working in a CMM as a Software engineer?
  17. How to get jobs in TCS, CTS and Infosys having completed my B.Sc. from Madras University and working in small Software Company?
  18. How should I crack IAS exam? I am a engineering graduate
20th July 2011, 09:14 PM
rupesh1982

Default Re: Can I crack IAS Exam while working in a Software company from Mumbai?

yes surely ,there is determination required.you have also heard that ''There is a will there is a way." you have to study in planned way for this exam & regularity in your study,if it is one hour.you may get study material from delhi and prepare the exam.you may get help also from internet for test of your preparation.
20th July 2011, 10:16 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I crack IAS Exam while working in a Software company from Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am presently working in a software company in Mumbai can i crack IAS while working and from Mumbai.
Yeah sure why not you can definitely do that.if you have the following qualities within you :-
->Patience
->will Power
->Concentration
->Burning desire.

these are the driving forces for a person towards his goal whether it is IAS or President of India. For time being let us stick to IAS only.

Your doubt that if you can crack that exam from Mumbai or not it is a question with a simple answer that the UPSC which is a govt body conducts Nation wide common entrance test for IAS cadre

So where ever you want you can apply for this examination. whether it may be mumbai or anything else also there will be no problem only issue they will question about change of address if it is modified with other documents of your eligibility.

So it is better to apply for the IAS entrance from Mumbai only.

Yeah while working also you can attempt for IAS examination as there is no restriction related to that but if you be free with all those tensions like job and all then you can concentrate more on your preparation.

Hope you will manage the things simultaneously with high Intellectual levels

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
20th July 2011, 10:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I crack IAS Exam while working in a Software company from Mumbai?

Hello friend,
The Civil Service exam is one of the toughest exam conducted in India and to qualify it, you will need to put extra effort and dedication.
As you have mentioned that you work in a software company, it won't be easy to manage study along with your full time job. You will have to qualify all the three stages of the exam which are
civil service aptitude test
main exam
interview

You have to give maximum time for the preparation of the exam and its really tough to prepare for such exam along with a full time job. However, its difficult but not impossible and if you have the potential, you can definitely manage to do so.
As far as eligibility is concerned, if you are a graduate and within the age limit of 21-30 years, you can write the exam.
20th July 2011, 10:35 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
yes you can give ias exam but only if you are having the eligibility qualifications required for the exam.
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more deatails regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 12:06 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
It is quite appreciable to see your dedication towards your country.

The examination for the post of IAS is conducted by UPSC.The name of the examination is Civil Service Examination.
There are three steps of the selection of the IAS officers:-
1)Preliminary Examination
2)Main Examination
3)Personal Interview

The marking scheme is quite strict.To crack the examination one needs to gain expertise in solving the questions.

It will depend on your work schedule how much time you are getting for yourself and how much time you will be able to devote for your preparation.If you work hard,polish your question paper solving skills then definitely you will be able to clear all the stages and be successful.

Best Wishes........
21st July 2011, 01:53 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes why not u can crack the IAS exam

watch this video i am sure u will strongly get guts by seeing this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftggc_RSUWM&feature=player_embedded

this video is on
how to crack IAS exam
21st July 2011, 07:37 PM
kunjeyan5282

Smile Re: Can I crack IAS Exam while working in a Software company from Mumbai?

Yes you can if you have strong will power as many student crack this exam who have done their bachelor degree by distance.But this exam requires hard work .
31st August 2011, 03:54 PM
dhruv007

Yeah, sure why not you can definitely do that.if you have the following qualities within you :-
->Patience
->will Power
->Concentration
->Burning desire.

these are the driving forces for a person towards his goal.

IAS exam is the one of the toughest exam of the india . the age limit exist for this exam 21-30 , as a general candidates, there is 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.

this exam is conducted by UPSC every year. for appear in this exam you must have clear your graduation in any stream from any recognized university.
ALL THE BEST !!!!!!!
31st August 2011, 07:40 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,
definitely you can crack th IAS exam, provided your age should not beyond 30,

you can go for the syllabus, then previous year papers, then you ll have a basic idea upon it .
Then after you collect your references and Do a preparation , on the basis of your planned scedule..

Good Luck~~~~~
31st August 2011, 08:08 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
u should be a graduate from a recognized college of india and u should be withing the age limit of 21-30 years..u have a maximum of 4 attempts n it solely depends on ur dedication towards ur preparation which will decide whether u will crack the exam or not..all the best
31st August 2011, 10:00 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Definitely you can can crack.But there is some criterion for writing in the exam,and you have all the criterion but one thing you have not mention that is your age ,anyway I am giving you the maximum age limit, it is--
1.30 years for general category.
2.35 years for SC/ST.
3.33 years for OBC
One more thing you must remember that you can have only 3 chances(7 for SC/ST 4 for OBC)
All the best
25th August 2013, 05:44 PM
IAS Guide

This post gives practical tips for working people to crack IAS exam.

http://iaskracker.com/the-working-pe...s-preparation/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?