18th January 2020, 05:44 PM
sachin kumar29

Can I do MCA after B.Sc Biology and not having Mathematics in Intermediate?

Hi, I have completed B.Sc. with specialization in Biology. I want to do MCA now. Can I do MCA? I did not Mathematics in my Intermediate. So, now what are the chances of getting admission in any UGC recognized colleges for MCA? And, what other good options are available for me?

19th January 2020, 04:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after B.Sc Biology and not having Mathematics in Intermediate?

MCA Eligibility-

Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline is eligible to apply.

Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation.
19th January 2020, 05:36 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after B.Sc Biology and not having Mathematics in Intermediate?

As per the basic eligibility criteria, the candidate should have done graduation in any stream from a recognised University with at least 50% marks in order to pursue MCA course but the candidate should have studied mathematics as one of the subjects in 11th and 12th standard.
19th January 2020, 06:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing MCA:-

The candidate should have passed graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
Candidate should have passed 12th with mathematics as one of the subject.
So, you are not eligible for MCA course.

Career option after MSc in Biology:-
MSc in Zoology
MSc in Botany
MSc in Forensic Science
MSc in Chemistry.
19th January 2020, 06:46 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for MCA:-
Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline is eligible to apply.
Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 12th course or any one year of graduation. BCA qualified candidates can also pursue MCA.

Career options after BSc Biology:-
One can even work in the areas of Agricultural Research
Plant Genetics Research
Clinical Research
Botanical Survey
Pharmaceutical Organisations
Hospital and Healthcare Treatment Centres Medical Laboratories.
15th August 2022, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after bsc biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?