26th November 2022, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I do PG in sociology after B.Sc (mathematics)?

Sir, I Am eligible to persue PG in sociology after my graduation in B.sc. Even though i don't have sociology ias subject in my graduation.
And also am I will be eligible to do PhD too after PG in sociology?

27th November 2022, 05:24 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PG in sociology after B.Sc (mathematics)?

Yes, you can do PG in sociology after B.Sc (mathematics) but it will probably require some leveling classes in psychology and sociology. A general degree in science does not have the in-depth knowledge of the social field required for a master's in sociology.
28th November 2022, 11:46 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible for MA Sociology , one must have completed graduation from a recognised board with atleast 50% and above marks .
Must have completed bachelor's in relevant subject only.

Those who have completed graduation in science stream are also eligible to apply for the course.
28th November 2022, 06:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue the course. The common eligibilty to pursue the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The admission procedure varies with institutions. So, you can visit official website to get detail information about the admission procedure.
29th November 2022, 12:21 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing a BSc degree in mathematics, you are eligible to pursue PG in sociology.
29th November 2022, 01:47 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Yes. Candidates*are qualified to pursue a PG in sociology after earning a BSc in mathematics degree. After successful completion of PG in sociology, they will be qualified for the Ph.D. course in the relevant subject.
29th November 2022, 09:18 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to pursue post graduation in sociology course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, candidates passed B.Sc from a recognised university are eligible to get admission in master in sociology course.

Candidate after the master degree eligible for admission in Ph.D course.

For detail information visit at official website of the institution in which you want to get the admission.
29th November 2022, 07:22 PM
Msdhoni02

1. You must have completed a graduation from any recognised university.

2. Full Form Master of Arts in Sociology

3. Duration 2 Years

4. Age No age limit

5. Minimum Percentage 50%.
29th November 2022, 08:07 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Master of Arts in Sociology or MA Sociology is a postgraduate course in Sociology which has a total duration of 2 years, divided into 4 semesters. This course revolves around the detailed study of society and different related mechanisms.

MA Sociology syllabus includes topics like Religion and Society, Political Sociology, Sociology of India, Economic Sociology, Sociology of Development, Methods of Sociological Research, etc.
30th November 2022, 03:00 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, of course.

You don't necessarily need a background in social science to write an entrance exam for sociology at the university of delhi as well as jawahar lal Nehru university, the most premiere institutions that offer the subject in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?