2nd August 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I give CPT Exam after completion of 10th Class?

after class 10 can we give the exam of cpt for in future to do ca

4th August 2012, 06:31 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give CPT Exam after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is not possible to take the Common Proficiency Test, conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, just after qualifying secondary of examination. However, if you are planning to pursue Chartered Accountancy in future, you can register for the Common Proficiency Test after completion of 10th Standard (secondary examination), but in order to take the test, you will have to qualify 10+2 level of examination.

No matter which stream you belong to and how much marks you scored in the qualifying examination, if you qualify 10+2 level of examination, you can take the Common Proficiency Test and may register for the test just after qualifying secondary examination.

The Common Proficiency Test is held in the month of June and December every year but the registration is open throughout the year and to register yourself, you may obtain prospectus along with the registration form from your nearest ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) Regional Council or any of its Branches.

For further information, refer to www.icai.org
8th June 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

i am in 12th now h.s.c. i want to kno that can i give C.P.T exam before apperaing for boards i.e in the month of december?
9th July 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to take economics if we choose commerce stream
10th July 2013, 11:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, just after passing class 10th , you cannot appear in the CPT exams

CPT exams or Common Profiency tests are held in June and December each year

Next CPT exams would be held in December 2013
Forms for this exam would be filled in October 2013

Candidates who have appeared in class 12th exam or have passed class 12th exam can apply

In the CPT exams questions are asked from the below sections:
Fundamentals of accounting
Mercantile LAWS
General Economics
Quantitative Aptitude

All the questions are asked in objective mode only
Candidates scoring minimum 50% marks are declared as pass
There are negative markings of .25 for each incorrect answer.
11th July 2013, 07:42 PM
vikky4

CA Entrance examination – This examination is conducted throughout the country for employing
students with ICAI. The Indian Chartered Accountancy course is one of the leading qualification course offered by the ICAI. Students who aspires to be a member of ICAI and be recognized as Chartered Accountant in India and have to pass this course. Chartered Accountancy is one such profession where status and positions are high be it public, private sector or your own consultancy firm. Salaries of a C.A. employed in public or a private sector company varies depending upon qualification and experience. Salaries at the starting level are 10000 to 15000 per month while a senior most C.A. expects to get 50000 to 60000 per month. In abroad salaries may goes up to 500000 in a month. Chartered Accountants who are engaged in consultancy and private practice are also earning handsome returns depending upon the numbers and kinds of clients they have. ICAI is known as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, and being the 2nd largest accounting organization across the world, this statutory body which was founded on 1st July 1949 is associated with maintaining and developing highly ethical accounting and auditing standards.
EXAM PATTERN: -
The exam has a lot of phases with a scheduled period of time .The first that comes is CPT- common Proficiency test. The CPT is the important part of the examination that must be cleared by the candidates in CPT-Admit-Card-300x217order to make a position in the area of chartered accountancy, it’s considered as an entry level exam. Common proficiency test is conducted 2 times in a year in the months of June and December. CPT includes 4 subjects test that the candidate is required to cross. The subjects are as follows
1.Accounting 2. Mercantile Laws 3. General Economics 4. Quantitative Aptitude Test
It is a 2 hours exam and is divided into 2 sessions each. CPT is an objective type and it’s a 200 marks exam with negative marking for all incorrect answers. The CPT examination requires the candidate to secure at-least 50% marks for qualifying. A student may register for CPT after completion of class 10 and take the exam after completing High School (Grade 12). It is an objective type examination. On-line CPT exams are also held periodically.
Next phase is Integrated Professional Competence Course which is the second level of Chartered Accountancy examinations. A student can go for the IPCC Examination after passing CPT and nine months of study. IPCC has two groups with seven subjects. Group – I consists of four subjects and Group – II of three subjects. The passing grade is awarded if the candidate obtains 40% marks in each subject and 50% in the aggregate in each group.
The next is the final level of Chartered Accountancy Examinations. Students who have passed both the groups of IPCC, during the last six months of can go for the Final Examination. This exam consists of two groups with four subjects each viz. Financial Reporting, Strategic Financial Management, Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics, Corporate and Allied Laws, Advanced Management Accounting, Information Systems Control and Audit, Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws. The passing percentage is given if the candidate obtains 40% marks in each subject and 50% in the aggregate in each group. After passing Group – I of IPCC, a candidate has to undergo a rigorous 3 year on-the-job training as article or audit assistant. Only members in practice are allowed to engage such assistants. The Institute governs through the strict regulations, the stipends, working hours and working conditions of such assistants. Articles provide CA firms a steady supply of motivated assistants while providing the students with invaluable on-the-job training. General Management and Communication Skills Course or GM-CS is also a mandatory course for all CA’s for developing business communication skills. This is a 15 day course.
For further education The ICAI also offers post qualification courses and certificate courses for its members. ICAI has also joined in a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW). Under this arrangement, existing members of ICAI with two years of post-qualification experience will have the eligibility criteria for ICAEW membership on passing the ICAEW’s one paper on case study
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 19323ca_atcourse260510.pdf(48.6 KB, 68 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?