19th June 2012, 06:50 PM
Dilpreet Saluja

Can I give NET after becoming CS? I have completed my graduation and undergoing my CA Articleship

Hello,
I have completed my graduation recently and undergoing my CA Articleship and also given CS professional. Can i give NET after becoming CS or do i have to enroll in Post-Graduate Course for it ?? i know, CA degree is equivalent to a PG Degree, but, is CS degree also a PG Degree or not ?? Please reply soon.
Thanks in advance.

25th August 2012, 06:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NET after becoming CS? I have completed my graduation and undergoing my CA Articleship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilpreet Saluja View Post
Hello,
I have completed my graduation recently and undergoing my CA Articleship and also given CS professional. Can i give NET after becoming CS or do i have to enroll in Post-Graduate Course for it ?? i know, CA degree is equivalent to a PG Degree, but, is CS degree also a PG Degree or not ?? Please reply soon.
Thanks in advance.
CS is not considered as Post graduate degree and with CS degree you are not eligible to apply for NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year in June and December Every year for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post. If your aim is to become Lecturer in some good colleges then you can apply for the NET Examination.

But to apply for NET Examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for NET.

If you have not completed your 2 years post graduate degree course then you are not eligible for NET Examination.

Please complete your Post graduation first and then you can apply for NET Examination. There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post of NET.

But to apply for Junior research fellowship post, your age should not be more than 28 years. So, please complete your Graduation first and then apply for NET Examination. For more details about NET, please check official website.

http://ugcnetonline.in
27th August 2012, 10:11 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I give NET after becoming CS? I have completed my graduation and undergoing my CA Articleship

hi...!!!!

The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.
The tests are conducted twice in a year generally in the months of June and December. For candidates who desire to pursue research, the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is available for five years subject to fulfilment of certain conditions.
The JRFs are awarded to the meritorious candidates from among the candidates qualifying for eligibility for lectureship in the NET. JRFs are available only to the candidates who opt for it in their application forms.

Name of the post
Lectureship NET:
for appointment as Lecturers
JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) NET: for appointment as Lecturers and also receive fellowship from UGC
Important Dates for National Eligibility Test (NET) 2012 June
Opening date for online registration: 12 April 2012
Closing date for online registration: 30 April 2012
Last date for sending documents at the test centre: 7 May 2012
Date of Written Test: 24 June 2012 (Sunday)
Eligibility Criteria for National Eligibility Test (NET) 2012 June

Educational Qualification
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH) (without rounding off) in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
Final year candidates can also apply. Such candidates must complete their PG degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
The PhD degree holders whose Master's level examination had been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (ie, from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects, may appear in a related subject.
Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org )
Age Limit (as on 1 June 2012)
Lectureship NET: Minimum 19 years, no upper age limit
JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) NET: Minimum 19 years; maximum 28 years

Thanks...
Regards
Guri Kaur
31st August 2012, 03:23 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I give NET after becoming CS? I have completed my graduation and undergoing my CA Articleship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilpreet Saluja View Post
Hello,
Thanks in advance.

CS is not considers as a Post Graduated Degree and You are not eligible for NET after Completing your CS.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test Conducted by UGC Twice in Every year in Month of June and December.

Eligibility and Criteria:

A candidate should have completed their Post Graduation Degree with at least 55 % from Recognized Universities.

There is no any Upper Age limitation for Applying NET.

So, First of All complete your PG then Apply for it.

All the best
9th September 2012, 01:52 PM
sailagishetty

To my dear friend,
CS is company secretary. Post graduate degree and with CS degree you are not eligible to apply for NET Examination.NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year in June and December Every year for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post. If your aim is to become Lecturer in some good colleges then you can apply for the NET Examination.
But to apply for NET Examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55%marks from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for NET.
If you have not completed your 2 years post graduate degree course then you are not eligible for NET Examination.
Please complete your Post graduation first and then you can apply for NET Examination. There is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post of NET.
But to apply for Junior researchfellowship post, your age should not be more than 28 years. So, please complete your Graduationfirst and then apply for NET Examination. For more details about NET.For more details check official website
http://ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?