15th July 2020, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Army if completed 12th from Arts stream but with Mathematics paper?

I want to join Army on the basis of Arts subjects in 12th. I have passed my 10th exam with 66% marks. Does these marks effected my selection? And am I eligible to join the Army (talking about Army not Air Force or Navy) on basis of Arts subject with Mathematics? Answer me as it will help me to choose my subjects in 11th std.

18th July 2020, 02:41 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join Army if completed 12th from Arts stream but with Mathematics paper?

Yes, definitely you can opt for Arts stream for your intermediate degree course if you are only interested to join Indian Army wing of defense services as there is no requirement for a particular stream or subject to be eligible for joining the Indian Army.

For complete details regarding different opportunities available in Indian Army as per your qualification, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
18th July 2020, 07:00 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Army if completed 12th from Arts stream but with Mathematics paper?

Yes, you can join Indian Army after 12th with Arts stream.
To do it you must appear NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year

NDA exam eligibility:-
You must have passed 12th standard from a recognised University.
Age limit is between 16.5 to 19 years.
You must be an unmarried male and Indian citizen.

NDA exam is conducted into three wings:-
Indian Army
Indian Air Force
Indian Navy.

Selection process:-
Written exam
Interview
Medical test

For more:-
http://upsc.gov.in.
19th July 2020, 05:09 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Note that through NDA, you can join anyone of the following wings:
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Air Force
  • Naval Academy

For Army, candidates with 12th passed from any stream are allowed. While for other wings, they must have Physics and Mathematics subject in 11th and 12th.

Hence, you can take any subjects in 11th and 12th if you wish to join Army wing through NDA exam. In fact, any stream candidates (Science, Arts, Commerce) students can apply for Army wing of NDA exam.

Also, note that 10th marks are not considered in NDA exam. You just have to qualify the written test followed by SSB Interview to pass NDA exam.
20th July 2020, 06:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you definitely join Indian Army both as a Commissioned Officer and as a Junior Commissionsed Officer even if you opt for Arts stream for your Class 12th studies as no particular stream or subject is required at any level of academics for joining Indian Army.

For complete details regarding various career opportunities available in Indian Army along with their respective eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?