9th November 2019, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy on the basis of Diploma?

How to join Merchant Navy after completion of 3 years full time regular Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering? If yes, then how should I apply for it? Do I need to go through any entrance?

17th November 2019, 05:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy on the basis of Diploma?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of your diploma.
Eligibility criteria:- Candidate should have done diploma with at least 50% marks and Diploma college should be approved by AICTE.
Maximum age limit should not exceed 28 years. There are 8 colleges in India approved by DG Shipping in India for the course of Marine engineering course.

After completing the course you need to apply for the all India Merchant Navy entrance test (AIMNET)conducted by Bharat shipping limited to join in Merchant Navy.
This exam is conducted mostly in the month of November - December.
17th November 2019, 08:52 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy on the basis of Diploma?

Procedure to join Merchant Navy on the basis of diploma:-

To join Merchant Navy you need to have complete 12th course such as diploma then you can join in as a Deck Cadet. You need to study some courses in order to join in Merchant Navy.
You can apply for diploma in nautical science for which the education qualification for this course is 12th or equivalent with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) is compulsory subjects and you should have scored 50% in aggregate.
After completing the course you need to apply for the all India Merchant Navy entrance test AIMNET) conducted by Bharat shipping Limited to join in Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?