4th October 2017, 07:00 PM
arif gigani

Can I join Navy after passing 12th with PCB? Would I be eligible for NDA by having Maths as optional subject?

I have already passed 12th with PCB subject in this year, can i join Navy after pass PCB? I understand maths is compulsory, so can I take maths as optional to be eligible next year?
UPSC NDA would be valid for me?

5th October 2017, 01:47 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Navy after passing 12th with PCB? Would I be eligible for NDA by having Maths as optional subject?

Without maths in class 12th you won't be able to apply for Indian Navy through exam like UPSC NDA, but if you can complete B.Com, then you can apply for Indian Navy logistics cadre short term commission, which will be after graduation.

If you are only interested in UPSC NDA exam, then you can apply for private additional subject as maths and clear it in the next annual board exam, so that you can become eligible for Indian Navy. Just make sure that your age is below 19 years.
5th October 2017, 10:14 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Navy after passing 12th with PCB? Would I be eligible for NDA by having Maths as optional subject?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after passing 12th standard with PCB stream. As per the NDA examination notification released by the UPSC, you should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects from a Government recognised board. So, if you take Mathematics as Optional subject then, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy through NDA examination.
5th October 2017, 10:34 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for appearing in NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination there is no requirement of Mathematics or any particular subject at Class 12th level and hence after completing your Class 12th with PCB group you are certainly eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination to join Indian Army wing of Indian defense services.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to join Indian Navy through NDA entrance examination having pursued your Class 12th with PCB group then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible as for joining Indian Navy, Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects.

Yes you can join Indian Navy once you complete your Class 12th after pursuing Mathematics as an optional subject.

For details regarding NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th October 2017, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi, Sir/Mam, I am Pursuing my Graduation from Mumbai University, I am a B.com Final Year Student
My HSC Result was 47%
I want to apply for the CLAT Entrance Test for 2018
Am I Applicable ?
5th October 2017, 04:47 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Right now you are not eligible for NDA as maths is compulsory for that. But if you pursue intermediate once again with mathematics then surely you will be eligible for NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC. Thanks
5th October 2017, 10:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned you are not eligible to join Navy after completion of 12th Class with PCB (Biology) background subjects. In order to join Navy after 12th Class, candidates must appear in NDA recruitment Examination.

NDA examination is conducted for recruiting candidates under 3 wings and they are,

>> Air Force -- Mathematics as compulsory subject is required

>> Indian Navy -- Mathematics as compulsory subject is required

>> Indian Army -- 12th Class in any stream

The basic educational qualification required generally varies from wing to wing. As you have not pursued 12th Class with "Mathematics" as a compulsory subject, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Navy with the above mentioned criteria.
6th July 2022, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I join navy i am a bipc student and I have completed 2 inter , can I take now maths exam privately. As it is an compulsory subject , is that certificate valid and would I be eligible for that??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?