15th June 2013, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I sit for SET and NET entrance exam after completing B.A and M.A English from IGNOU

i completed my BA and MA English from IGNOU Distandly, can i sit for Set and Net entrence Exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for NET, SET exam after completing B.A and M.A English from IGNOU -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Will I be eligible to sit for NET or SLET exam after doing M.A in english from IGNOU -- [Most Discussed]
  3. IGNOU OPENNET Entrance Test for Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc(Nautical Science)- Reasoning Aptitude (Test I) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Does IGNOU offers Bachelor degree in Nutrition? Can I sit for NET if did Bachelor's from IGNOU? -- [New]
  5. IGNOU Masters in English-Indian English Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. IGNOU Masters in English New Literatures in English Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. How will I get a job in any college in Delhi(NCR) if I qualify in NET? How could I sit for Ph.D entrance exam of Sociology at DU and IGNOU?
  8. Am I eligible for DU CAT for M.A English Honors after completing B.A English Honors from IGNOU through correspondence?
  9. IGNOU Masters in English British Drama Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Can I study B.Ed after scoring 45% in B.A and 48% in M.A?
  11. IGNOU Masters in English-American Literature Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Can I sit for SET for Lectureship being 53 years old?
  13. Will I be eligible to sit for NET or SLET exam after doing M.A from IGNOU?
  14. IGNOU, Certificate in Teaching of English, CTE-4, Teaching English (Elementary School) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Can I do MA in Literature through B.Sc course?
  16. Can I give NET/SET-Economics after 3rd semester or only after completing MBA?
  17. Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?
  18. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing M.Com from IGNOU
15th June 2013, 08:05 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for SET and NET entrance exam after completing B.A and M.A English from IGNOU

Most certainly you are. IGNOU is one of the recognized colleges from University Grants Commission therefore it will not be an issue. The correspondence degree also is not an issue because such degree holders are eligible for the National Eligibility Test.

In short if you are meeting the criteria for National Eligibility Test, then you can appear for the entrance exam. Having completed from IGNOU will not hamper your chances of clearing the National Eligibility Test.

As you may know that NET is conducted for the college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. It is conducted in June and December of every year. On the other hand SET is also conducted for same purpose.

SET stands for State Eligibility Test and it is conducted by each state separately. Some states like to conducted SET twice a year while some conduct it only once in a year.

NET/SET Eligibility

1. Nationality: Candidate has to be Indian citizen.

2. Qualification: Any post graduation degree is necessary.

3. Marks: 55 percent for General and OBC.

4. Relaxation: SC/ST need 50 percent to appear for SET/NET.

5. Final year students of post graduation course are allowed to appear.

6. Your subject for NET is going to be English.

7. The age limit is 28 years for JRF.

8. It has 3 years relaxation for OBC.

9. 5 years relaxation is given to SC/ST.

10. The lower age limit for lectureship is 19 years.

11. There is no upper age limit.
15th June 2013, 11:01 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I sit for SET and NET entrance exam after completing B.A and M.A English from IGNOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my BA and MA English from IGNOU Distandly, can i sit for Set and Net entrence Exam?
Yes,you will be eligible to apply for SET(State Eligibility Test) and NAT(National Eligibility Test).As you have completed your Post Graduation course in English through IGNOU,you will be eligible because IGNOU degree is approved from the DEC and UGC New Delhi.You will only have to meet marks requirement eligibility.If you belong from the General/OBC category then your minimum marks should be 55% and if you belong from the SC/ST category then your minimum marks should be 50%

Paper I :- General Paper on Teaching and Aptitude
This paper will include questions from Comprehension,Divergent thinking and General Awareness and Reasoning Ability.In this section you will have to answer 50 questions out of 60 questions.All questions will be multiple objective type.

Paper II :- Subject Paper
This paper will include questions from your subject paper.All questions will be of objective type.In this section you will have to answer all the questions.

Paper III :- Subject Paper (In depth questions).
This section will include questions from the subject specialization in details.
In this sections answer will be given in details and by seeing the correct options you will have to marks the correct choice.In this section you will have evaluate each and every process of the answers give below.This section will include 75 questions and all questions will be compulsory.
Passing Criteria for above listed exams

NOTE :- Those candidates who do not appear in Paper I and Paper II will not be eligible to appear in Paper III.There is No Negative Marking for Wrong Answer in this exam.
15th June 2013, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

why till now the mdu rohtak final out the deegries of appeared student of pgdca for session 2011-2012
15th June 2013, 05:49 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

hello friend

You can get write NET/SET exam
>>All the candidates must complete master's degree from a recognised university or colleges
>>All the 1st year master's degree completed candidates are not eligible
>>There is no age limit for this exam
>>All the general category candidates must get atleast 55% marks in post graduation to get eligibility
>>In case of SC, ST the minimum marks percentage is 50%

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?