26th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission for Law after 12th?

can i take admission for law after 12th and i want information of law study

26th May 2012, 06:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission for Law after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After the completion of the +2 level of exam from a recognized Board, candidates are eligible for the 5 years integrated LLB degree course. Various Law Entrance tests are conducted on different levels. Common Law Admission Test [CLAT] is an all India level of exam conducted by fourteen National Law Institutes for admission to their undergraduate degree course [LLB]. Candidate must have passed the +2 level of exam from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks [45% for the reserved candidates]. Candidates awaiting results of the +2 exam are also eligible to appear for the test. Eligibility of other entrance exam may vary from each other.

Some of the other Law entrance exams are as follows:
  • Delhi University Law Entrance Test
  • Gujrat National Law University Entrance Exam
  • Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University Entrance Exam
  • Government of Kerela Law Entrance Exam
  • National Law University Orrisa Admission Test.
For information refer to the official website of the University of concern.
NOTE-LLB Programs are regulated by Bar Council of India.
2nd September 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

how to apply for entrance in law?I am a passout in class 12th with PCM as the stream.
2nd September 2012, 10:33 PM
Pooh789

Hello...

Yes... you can take admission after 12th ...

You can do Integrated Law..

Duration - 5 years

1- B.A L.L.B
2- B.B.A L.L.B

You can opt for any of the two...

There are various entrance exams are conducted every year for taking admission in various Law colleges...

>CLAT exam is conducted for taking admission into National Law University throughout India..

>Symbiosis also conducts entrance exam for it's law programme..

You can also take admission in a law college of Your Region..
There are some colleges which do not conduct entrance examination....

So prepare for the entrance examinations..

If you have any other query.. Feel free to ask

ALL D Best..

Regards..
Pooh789
3rd September 2012, 11:17 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is good to see that you want to become lawyer by completing LLB course. In any justice system, Lawyer plays a very important role. The job of the lawyer is to make sure that innocent gets justice and guilty is punished.

In some cases a lawyer has to make tough decision and represent person responsible for the brutual crimes. One such example in 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab. It was important for a lawyer to represent him in the court since a trial can not proceed in India until the defendent also have a lawyer to represent him.

You get various options after completing the LLB course. You can work as government lawyer and represent the state or central government in cases. You also have the option to work for a company or start your own law firm. But the first thing a lawyer has to do is resgister himself to the local bar council before start practicing.

Coming to your question, you certainly can take admission for Law course after completing 12th standard. You will have to appear in entrance exam and if passed, apply for the BA LLB course which is five years long course.

All the 12th graduates applying for law has to apply for BA LLB course which intergates a graduation course like BA along with LLB course. Those who have already completed graduation course can apply for the LLB course which is 3 years long.

There is no difference between the two degrees, they hold same value when applying for job etc. The only difference is that applying for BA LLB after 12th would save your one year comparing to doing first a graduation course and then LLB.

In order to get admission in Law college in India for the BA LLB course, you would first have to appear in CLAT entrance exam. Your performance in CLAT would decide which college gives you admission.

Eligibility

1. You must complete 12th standard to apply for BA LLB course.

2. Must score at least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

3. SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks in 12th standard.

4. It is necessary to have completed 12th when applying for the CLAT Exam.

Age Criteria

The age limit for BA LLB course is 20 years.

The age limit for SC/ST candidates is 22 years max.

CLAT SYLLABUS

Elementary Mathematics

General English

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

Legal Aptitude

Logical Reasoning
3rd September 2012, 11:42 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

CLAT Exam Details:

Yes you can pursue this course after giving your board exam. Now law as a career has increasingly become very attractive and lucrative for students because the field has broadened its horizon and now there is scope and opportunities for all category of students. You will face little difficulties when you try to find jobs of your choice.

There are quite a number of Law Entrance Exams that you can give to pursue this course. Although this is not mandatory as many colleges offers admission on the basis of the marks obtained at 10+2 level. But it is advisable to get into colleges which conducts an examination because they are the top rung ones.

Top Law Entrance Exams:
  • All India Bar Exam
  • Common Law Admission Test
  • Delhi University Faculty of Law
  • Symbiosis Society's Law College Pune

Of all the law entrance exams listed above right now Common Law Admission Test or CLAT is the most popular right now. Every year the number of aspiring students for this exam is only increasing by leaps and bounds. You can give the other state level entrance exams too but at the same time you should try your luck in this exam as well.

As mentioned earlier the full form of CLAT is Common Law Admission Test and this exam is conducted by the fourteen National Law Universities in India. They periodically conducts this exam.

For the undergraduate programme you need to be a higher secondary passed out student or its equivalent. It is important for you to score 50% of marks in aggregate.

There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates. For SC/ST/OBC candidates or physically handicapped ones the percentage to secure is 45% of marks.

If you are a final year student about to give the final board exam or awaiting the result of the final year exam then also you are eligible to give this exam.

The upper age limit for this exam is 20 years. So your age should not exceed the upper age limit if you are a general category candidate.

For reserved category candidates though the upper age limit is 22 years.

CLAT Exam Pattern:

In order to get the application kit for this exam by spending Rs. 3000 from any branches of State Bank of India when the notifications for this exam is released.

You can also get the application kit by sending a demand draft to the national law university in charge for conducting the exam that year. They will send you the brochure along with the form.

CLAT Exam Reference Books:

CLAT: Common Law Admission Test (Paperback)
by Lal, Misra
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Common Law Adminssion Test (CLAT) Guide PB
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Study Package For CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination
by A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd September 2012, 01:31 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

you can join law after 12th standard.
to become a lawyer after class 12:
You can either take up a state level entrance exam like those in Kerala or other states etc.
Or-->> The best one is to take CLAT exam.
The CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

The exam makes you eligible for joining Great institutes like National Law Universities e.g
NLSIU Bangalore,
Nalsar hyderabad.
WBNUJS Kolkata
NUALS Kochi
RGNUL Patiala
NLU Orissa
NLU Bhopal
HNLU Raipur.

Some private institutes also take CLAT scores.
The exam consists of reasoning, aptitude, maths and english and legal aptitude questions.

You can also take national test for
joining NLU delhi.

If you are a pass out from an NLU, you will be a great lawyer.!!

You can also do Law after graduation . then it will be a three years but NLUs do not provide that course till now.

Goood Luck !!
3rd September 2012, 01:34 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

you can join law after 12th standard.
to become a lawyer after class 12:
You can either take up a state level entrance exam like those in Kerala or other states etc.
Or-->> The best one is to take CLAT exam.
The CLAT is Common Law Admission Test.

The exam makes you eligible for joining Great institutes like National Law Universities e.g
NLSIU Bangalore,
Nalsar hyderabad.
WBNUJS Kolkata
NUALS Kochi
RGNUL Patiala
NLU Orissa
NLU Bhopal
HNLU Raipur.

Some private institutes also take CLAT scores.
The exam consists of reasoning, aptitude, maths and english and legal aptitude questions.

You can also take national test for
joining NLU delhi.

If you are a pass out from an NLU, you will be a great lawyer.!!

You can also do Law after graduation . then it will be a three years but NLUs do not provide that course till now.

Goood Luck !!
3rd September 2012, 05:01 PM
SohailGuru

Yes, you can join law(LLB) after completing your 12th, but you need to prefer a very good college to pursue this degree, and hence forth you need to have good score in your 12th examinations to meet the particular college's eligibility. And you need to appear CLAT exam for this sake,i.e, in getting admitted to a famous college, now a days this matters a lot, as increase in the competition in every field of education.

The CLAT exam is the very well way to get into track of LLB as well as LLM. The most reputed colleges of INDIA under law fall in this category. The 14 participating National Law Universities(NLU's) are listed below:

1.National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
2.NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
3.National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
4.The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
5.National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
6.Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
7.Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
8.Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
9.Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
10.Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
11.National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
12.National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
13.National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
14.National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)

If you fail to get admitted through this, don't be upset you can try joining any other reputed colleges in your view and study hard and get prepared to get LLM degree in one of these NLU's.
All the very Best...!
3rd September 2012, 07:04 PM
MOUSE92

DEAR,

hiii

ELIGIBILITY:

age should be not less than 18 yrs

nationality indian

education qualification : you have to do 12th class with 55% for general and 45% for sc/st

CAREER OUT LOOK:

THEN you can do master's degree then you are able to fight cases

JOB PROSPECTUS:

there are many good job opportunity for master's in law.you can work in any institutions as consultants or courts as lawyer or judges ,you an also work in law firm

best place to pursue:

AGRA UNIVERSITY
ALIGARH UNIVERSITY
DELHI UNIVERSITY
CALCUTTA UNIVERSITY

those who desire to learn law but donot want to practice as advocate eligible for llb general degree at the end of 2nd year

courses you can take admission:

PG diploma courses in security law
diploma in cyber law

good luck
2nd January 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I hav taken up physics, chemistry,maths,english and computer science in 12th, can i take clat exam just after taking my board exams?
19th March 2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12 now, how shoul i apply for law, plz tell me d full process
11th April 2013, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

How many expenses will come for 1 year in LLB course?
4th May 2013, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

I have given my 12th boards. Does DU provide law courses for 12th passouts?
4th May 2013, 11:42 PM
vkghanghas

Yes you can take admission in law courses after 12th there are varoius universities providing courses in law after 12th,you have to crack for clat exam
check http://www.clat.ac.in/
28th May 2013, 06:45 PM
mahiraina

Question Re: Can I take admission for Law after 12th?

hi is there any way of geeting into good law colleges without enterance tests ??? anything like management ....i am asking becoz i missed these years enterance test
4th June 2013, 12:17 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If your aspiring to apply for LLB Course After Completing 12th standard then you may apply for Integrated LLB Course .

Being a 12th standard candidate you can't directly applicable for LLB Course .. You're Only Applicable for Integrated LLB Course.

Only the applicant who Complete Bachelor degree course are directly applicable for LLB Course .

Integrated LLB Course ( ie:- B.com + LLB Course , BBA+ LLB Course , BA+LLB Course )

The duration of the Course is for five years and the Course is divided into ten semester .

To apply for this Integrated LLB Course you should Complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized University /Institution . you should score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks in 12th board Examination .

The Admission for LLB Course this LLB Course based on the Entrance Examination which is Conducted by University/Institution .
Based on the Entrance Examination performance you may get admission for LLB Course .

LLB Entrance Pattern Consist of Aptitude Test,Language Ability,Legal Reasoning,General Knowledge ,,

LLB Entrance Examination Books :-

~~ LL.B Entrance Examination by Gyan Prakash
~~ Model Test Papers For CLAT and LL.B by A P Bhardwaj
~~ LLB Entrance Examination Guide by By Student Aid Publication
~~ LL.B. Entrance Examination Guide by Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal

So, After Completing you're 12th Standard you're applicable for Integrated LLB Course .

All The Best~
13th July 2013, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

what is the exam for glc mumbai after 12th
12th February 2014, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I m in 12th sci,so can i take admission for law after 12?
8th April 2014, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir i'm finished twelth standard in 2010?I have interest to apply b.l from tamilnadu?.what is the age limit to apply for 12qualification?..i have any any chance to apply b.l on this year?,
18th May 2014, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

I have taken up the PCMC combination for my 12th board exam(CBSE).Is it possible for me to answer the CLAT immediately after my board exam or should I prepare seperately for it?
3rd June 2014, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i got 47% in 12th exam in science so can i join law college in mumbai
12th June 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 th pass...... now i want to join law ....but i don't want become a lawyer ....so what are the other course and fields for me..... i am in Ahmadabad... i also like to go foreign ......for job...so please help me .....thank u..
13th July 2016, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I passed my class 12. and i want to become a taxation lawyer. so anyone can tell me the right procedure to become a taxation lawyer......or is it right option for me to study law from agra college...please reply.....
15th May 2017, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

sir i am completed intermediate at 2016 and i will not studied so we can join in this year LLB course are not i want your suggestion sir please give me any suggestion
16th May 2017, 09:39 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

LLB (Bachelor of Legislative Law) has two type of courses, 3 years and 5 years. In 3 years there will 6 semesters. In 5 years there will be combination courses like B.A LLB, B.sc LLB, B.B.A LLB, this 5 years course is for people who have completed their 10+2 education.

Eligibility criteria for 3 years course:
They should have degree with min 40%.
For sc/st it is 42%.

Age limit:
For 3 years course: Recently they have increased the age limit from 30-45, so the age limit for this course is 45.
For 5 years course: They have increased it from 20-22, so the age limit for this course is 22.

You are eligible to study LLB, you need to choose 3 years course.
There are few entrance exams, in some places they conduct exam which is in written format and in some places they conduct exam all over India. you need to attend them.
Some of the entrance exams are:
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is conducted by National Law Universities for admission of under graduate and post graduate degrees.
LAWCET (LAW Common Entrance Test) is conducted by Andhra pradesh for admissions into 3 year and 5 year degrees.

You need to attend any of these exams or directly go to some colleges which conduct a direct written test and in some colleges they also conduct personal interview after the written test.
24th May 2017, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir I've passed 12th exam....but I haven't given any law entrance exams.....can you suggest me some colleges which take direct admission to 5 year B.A.LLB on the basis of 12th result
15th June 2017, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 STD right now. I want to do law after 12 which entrance exam should I give to get admission in best law college of Pune?
29th July 2020, 03:40 PM
Siddharth717

Yes, you can apply for LLB after 12th. You may either choose BA LLB or BBA LLB five year integrated undergraduate program. You need to give the entrance examination for getting admission. Every college conducts their own entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?