26th June 2020, 04:32 PM
Nupur29052013

Can I teach English having completed B.Ed with specialization in Political Science?

I have done BA (H) Political Science and B.Ed in same area i.e., Political Science. So, now if I do MA English then can I become English Teacher in Higher Secondary schools?

30th June 2020, 07:57 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I teach English having completed B.Ed with specialization in Political Science?

If you want job opportunity in Government High Schools, then you will not be given teaching job for English subject as your B.Ed subject is Political Science. They will not consider your MA English.

But if it is private Schools or Colleges, you will be given Teaching job for English subject.

Having completed B.Ed in Political Science, you must be having sound subject knowledge in Political Science subject.

I will suggest you to try for Government job only in Political Science as there is job security and timely salaries for Government Teachers.

In Private Schools or Colleges, salaries are less and you will be asked to teach additional subjects also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?