26th June 2013, 09:20 AM
LIYAJAMA

Can Indian Air Force pilots become airline pilot without CPL

I want to know that after leaving INDIAN AIR FORCE OR after retirement from INDIAN AIR FORCE can pilots join AIRLINES without getting COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE?

18th August 2014, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can Indian Air Force pilots become airline pilot without CPL

i want to know that after leaving the indian air force or after retiring from the indian airforce can the pilots join private airlines without cpl.?
27th September 2014, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

i am in std 12th sir. i want to become a commercial pilot. but after training we can't get garunty for job because we have on experiance. so first i join indian air force for experiance. and after become a commeercial pilot. is it possible?
17th March 2015, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am complete my 12 class with science. My ambition to become a pilot in india air force my age above 19 sir what I can do
28th March 2015, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

Am about to complete my btech in one month. As a graduate there is an entry into airforce to become a pilot.. And I need to know that at graduation I have 70%percentage up to my last semester.. What I need to know now is at 12th standard I have studied MPC, and I DON'T HAVE 60 % IN PHYSICS AND MATHS AND CHEMISTRY individually I JUST PASSED but I have overall percentage above 60 %'. Is this will affect my wish to entry into airforce although I have 70% in in graduation level.. Please mail me if you its possible...
30th June 2017, 06:00 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot become a commercial pilot without having CPL (Commercial Pilot License) but for Indian Airforce there is no requirement of CPL. The eligibility required for IAF pilot are mentioned below.
There are many ways get into IAF some of them are NDA, CDS, AFCAT, NCC Special entry.

NDA (National Defence Academy) exam is conducted for the candidates who have completed their 10+2 education. After qualifying in this exam then you'll be given 3 years training.

CDSE (Combined Defence Service Exam) is conducted for the graduation candidates. The eligibility required to apply for the CDSE is unmarried male Indian. The educational qualification should be BE/ B.Tech in maths/ science stream from any recognised university. The age limit 19-23 years in airforce, there is age relaxation based on the government rules.

NCC (National Cadet Corps) Special entry in flying department, the eligibility required is the candidate should have NCC C certificate. Only male candidates are eligible to apply through this quota.

AFCAT (AirForce Common Admission Test) is another entrance exam through which you can get into the flying department. The eligibility required is unmarried male and female candidates can apply. The educational qualification is 10+2 or equivalent education from any recognised board.

For commercial pilot you need to complete your 10+2/ graduation in any stream from any recognised board/ university. You need to take training/ diploma course/ certification course in aviation or in flying course. After completing training you need attend the test for getting license, if you qualify in the exam you'll get CPL. Based on your license you'll be appointed by the different airline companies.
18th October 2018, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir .I want to become a commercial pilot . But I can't afford the fees .
So how can I become a pilot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?