16th December 2011, 10:59 PM
jainee116

Can a Information technology engineer give IES exam?

i am information technology engineer.can i give IES exam?...please tell me the possibility

26th December 2011, 07:49 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Information technology engineer give IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainee116 View Post
i am information technology engineer.can i give IES exam?...please tell me the possibility
An engineer in any discipline may write the Engineering Service Exam conducted by union public service commission. The only problem you will be facing is that the examination is conducted only in the following four disciplines of engineering:
Mechanical
Civil
Electrical
Electronics and Tele-Communication

So, you will have to appear for any of the categories mentioned above. The Engineering Service exam is not conducted for Information Technology and as a result of which, candidates from this stream do not usually apply for the exam.
13th May 2012, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

it means inspite of it engineer i cn face the ies exam?????????
2nd August 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GIVE THE EXAMINATION PAPER OF I.E.S FOR SUBJECT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
26th August 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

i got a gap in 12th std then i left my 12th exam and take admission in diploma am i eligible for ies exam ,i have completed my engineering in IT
3rd June 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

can i give the ies exam tell me plzz..
4th June 2013, 07:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

You have completed B-Tech degree in IT department so you are applicable fir IES exam but you van give the written exam with one subject from given below because there is no subject related to IT .

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

From my point of view you can choose Electronics and Communication Engineering subject which are preferable for you.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

I listed some books name , this books are available in market so you can purchase this books easily .

U.P.S.C. (E.S.) Engineering Services Examination Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers
Author: GKP
Publisher: G.K. Publications

Guide For IES Engineering Service Examination: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
by Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

UPSC ES Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam , you can see it one times because this syllabus help you for written exam .

For more about IES information , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: pdf FULL SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM.pdf(37.5 KB, 143 views)
12th December 2013, 11:44 AM
geetachannaveere

Quote:
i am information science/yechnology engineer.can i give IES exam?...please tell me the possibility
I want to write lies. I have completed b- tech pin use so please tell me can I write ies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?