9th February 2020, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

Can Mechanical Diploma passed candidate eligible for BE Electrical?

Hello Sir, I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. But having experience in Electrical industry. Now, I am planning to join Engineering evening college. Please clarify, can we apply for BE Electrical or not? If yes, then should I take Mechanical or Electrical subject in CET?

13th February 2020, 08:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Mechanical Diploma passed candidate eligible for BE Electrical?

You are not eligible to change the stream for BE course.

Diploma is three year course and candidates with diploma qualification are eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted for admission in B.Tech or B.E course through lateral entry.

You are not eligible to change the stream for admission in B.E course.
14th March 2022, 11:20 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can Mechanical Diploma passed candidate eligible for BE Electrical?

No, mechanical diploma holder can enroll only in the mechanical engineering course, that too through lateral entry only.

You cannot get a seat in the electrical engineering if you have a diploma in mechanical.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?