17th September 2013, 10:33 AM
swati bhati333

Can we choose chemistry and maths both in IAS exam?

can we choose chemistry and maths both in ias exam

Related Questions:
  1. Where can I find coaching centers for Chemistry subject in IAS exam?
  2. Best institute of chemistry for IAS coaching?
  3. Can I become an IAS/IPS officer after passing commerce but not interested in Maths? What should I choose between IP and Hindi?
  4. What is pattern for IAS exam if i choose maths?
  5. What are the job vacancies available after completing B.Tech?
  6. Best possible subjects combination for me in graduation? I want to apply for IAS later
  7. What is the eligibility for IAS exam? I have completed graduation with Physics, Chemistry and Maths
  8. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  9. Should I go for Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Application in 11th if I want to become an IAS officer?
  10. Which subject to choose in BSc Final Year? Maths, physics, chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I choose the combination of Physics and Maths in IAS exam? How to prepare for it?
  12. What are the options to choose after 12th in Non Medical except engineering? Any course related to chemistry if not interested in Maths?
  13. Which subjects I should choose for IAS Mains after completing B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?
  14. What are the courses that companies are expecting that a candidate should know?
  15. which subject should I choose in 3rd year, Maths or Chemistry? Scope after doing 3rd year in Maths and Physics or Physics and Chemistry?
  16. Which stream should I choose if I hate Chemistry and have interest in Maths stream? How should I explain my parents about my interests?
  17. Which subject should I choose in graduation after passing 12th with Maths
  18. How to choose a particular coaching centre for IAS exam?
30th November 2015, 05:33 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we choose chemistry and maths both in IAS exam?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates into different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

Examination pattern of Civil Services exam:

Stage I: Preliminary exam consists of General Studies Paper and CSAT. CSAT is of qualifying nature.

Stage II: Mains exam.

In this stages, there are two language papers, one essay paper, four general studies paper and last two papers of one optional subject.

Stage III: Interview.

Earlier candidates need to select two optional paper but now scheme of exam is changed, a candidate has to take only one subject as optional. You can either take Chemistry or Mathematics for optional subject.
30th November 2015, 10:12 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we choose chemistry and maths both in IAS exam?

No, you cannot select the both as the optional paper in the civil services examination conducted for the recruitment of the IAS, IPS Officer's.

Civil Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.

Candidates have to select one paper as the optional in which they have the choice to select the paper other than the discipline paper. So, you need to select only one in which you have more knowledge.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?