16th July 2015, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Career options available after English honours? Am I eligible for MAT examination?

Hi,I am a student of English hons having 41% in my bachelor degree.what kind of career options I can get with this degree and this marks?Am I elligible for MAT examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Career options after doing English honours from Delhi university? What can be done in future?
  2. What are the career options for me after graduation? I am a student of B.A English Honors
  3. Career options and competetive exams for Career after Geography honours?
  4. What is the career option after having English Honors and MBA?
  5. How can I apply for MAT examination for MBA course
  6. How can I apply for MAT examination for MBA course? I have completed graduation degree with 45% marks in English Honors
  7. Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?
  8. What are the career options for general graduates?
  9. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  10. Which one is better between B.Com and B.A graduation course?
  11. List of career options available for a B.A(Hons) graduate in English? What's the entrance and registration date for the same?
  12. Am i eligible to study MS degree in abroad with 59% in B.Com (Honours)?
  13. Am I eligible for DU CAT for M.A English Honors after completing B.A English Honors from IGNOU through correspondence?
  14. English honours along with Mass Communication after 12th Commerce? From where and how to do?
  15. Can I get into IAS after completing graduation in B.A from English Honors
  16. Career options after B.Tech with 63% marks and 68 percentile in MAT?
  17. What are the career options after completing Graduation with Chemistry Honors? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can B.Com final year students appear for OPENMAT?
17th July 2015, 04:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options available after English honours? Am I eligible for MAT examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,I am a student of English hons having 41% in my bachelor degree.what kind of career options I can get with this degree and this marks?Am I elligible for MAT examination?
After completion of B.A in English, you can apply for below given exams.

List of the government jobs:-

1)School Service Commission

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil service exam

4)CDS exam

5)Staff selection commission exam

6)Indian Forest Service exam

7)PSC exam

Yes, you are eligible for MAT entrance exam.

MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for MAT exam. There is no percentage criteria for MAT exam. Final year students can apply for MAT exam.

Topics for MAT exam:-

Language Comprehension
Mathematical Skills
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning:
Indian and Global Environment
17th July 2015, 05:19 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Career options available after English honours? Am I eligible for MAT examination?

Sorry to say but unfortunately you are not eligible for MAT exam as for appearing in MAT exam candidate needs to have minimum 50% marks in his/her graduation if he/she belong to general category whereas for SC/ST/OBC candidates 45% is the minimum requirement for MAT exam. So, I am sorry to say but you won't be able to pursue an MBA course in future.

Apart from MBA, since you have mention that you have completed your graduation in English honours so you can try in government department for a job or in private sector too :

- IAS

- Bank PO

- Railways

- Primary school teacher

- SSC

- Post Office

- Back Office job

- Hindi to English Translator etc.
18th July 2015, 10:53 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

See, there are many options for you. Though your percentage is less but then also, since you have a degree so many options open up for you. A list of some of them is as follows-

>> If you masters in English, you can become a teacher, a lecturer or teach in some coaching institute where the pay is quite handsome.

>> You can be appointed as translator in different departments.

>> You can now also teach i some of the private primary school as an English teacher.

>> You can open up your own tut ions classes if you want to.

>> You can apply for the Bank exams. With a little practice in quantitative aptitude, you can crack the exam easily.

As far as the MAT exam is considered, then definitely you can apply for the exam.
Its eligibility is-
Graduates from any discipline can apply.

If you are looking forward to this exam then the next MAT will be in September. You should start preparing if you want to give the exam.
19th July 2015, 07:56 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Career prospects for english honors
As you have completed english honors , you have a hold in english & it will helps you in many competitive exams.

you can work as a
- Translator
- Editor
- Journalist
- Writer
- Publishing assistant
- Librarian
You can also work in Banking sectors , Railway , Post offices etc.you can also work as a english teacher in schools.you can also open your own coaching for english.

You are eligible for MAT(management aptitude test) which is conducted by AIMA(All india management admission test).

Education qualification for MAT
- you must have bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university
- There is no percentage criteria to apply for MAT.
You can qualify the MAT & you will get admission in MBA based on your MAT score.
19th April 2022, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Standard of math in mmatt exam
24th April 2022, 09:04 AM
jacobleo329

This is a wonderful question and I feel like every aspiring student should definitely read this. I also wish, there was some standardization with the questions and syllabus between centers, but then again it wouldn’t be as effective, would it?

Answer: Firstly, you must know whatever you do in life or choose to do so, there are no wishes that come true unless we make them come true ourselves.

The only way to ensure cracking the MAT exam without stress, anxiety or apprehension is to make ourselves ready for the battle. From your first day of preparation start imbibing the confidence on your own without waiting for others to show their appreciation/confidence in us.

You need to have a graduation degree in order to appear for the MAT exam.
6th April 2023, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I do LLB after English honours
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?