19th January 2020, 10:19 AM

Criteria and procedure to apply for lateral B.Tech in BHU?

Hi, I have completed my Diploma and would like to take admission in Banaras Hindu University (BHU) directly in 2nd year via lateral entry route. So, could you please brief me about the criteria and procedure to apply for B.Tech under lateral entry scheme?

20th January 2020, 11:21 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria and procedure to apply for lateral B.Tech in BHU?

Criteria and procedure to apply for lateral BTech in BHU:-

No, you cannot get admission in BHU as it does not offer lateral admission in BTech. Since BHU is considered as an IIT and so it does not offer second year admission through lateral entry in BTech course .

Admission in BHU for BTech course are made through JEE main and JEE advanced entrance exam.

Diploma holders are not eligible for JEE Mains examination, so you can not get admission in BTech course at BHU.

Candidate having 75% marks in their Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with PCM as their main subject are eligible for IITs.
21st January 2020, 09:56 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria and procedure to apply for lateral B.Tech in BHU?

BHU ranks among top IITs in India. Admission to BHU is possible only through JEE Main and JEE Advanced entrance exam.

You cannot get admission into BHU through Lateral entry Exam. Also, no such lateral entry exam is conducted for direct admission to 2nd year of B.Tech course.

You will have to qualify JEE Main and JEE Advanced exam to get admission in B.Tech course of BHU and pursue course from First Year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?