31st July 2019, 12:13 PM
manoj Maharana

Is CTET required for the post of Assistant Professor and teach college going candidates?

I am working as a Computer Teacher in a private school since 2000. I have completed MCA and now B.Ed. Is it required for me to qualify either Central Teachers Eligibility Test (CTET) or Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) for Assistant Professor?

5th August 2019, 12:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is CTET required for the post of Assistant Professor and teach college going candidates?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that to be become an Assistant Professor (lecturer) of any recognised institute, you are required to qualify entrance examinations such as NET/SET/SLET.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, being a postgraduate i.e; MCA degree holder, you are eligible to become an Assistant Professor through NET/SET examinations and there is no requirement to qualify CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) or Odisha TET for the same reason.

For more details regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?