13th May 2020, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Are degrees from Deemed University valid and acceptable for State Government jobs?

I have completed my B.Tech from BITS, Pilani (Rajasthan). BITS is a Deemed University and recognized by UGC. So, can I apply for different State and Central Government jobs?

15th May 2020, 08:10 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are degrees from Deemed University valid and acceptable for State Government jobs?

A college will get Deemed University status only after meeting all the required norms for a University. Hence Deemed University candidates should be considered as other candidates who studied from regular Universities.

I suggest you to please do not worry about this. You are eligible to apply for State and Central Government jobs.

There are many candidates who did their Graduation or Post Graduation from Deemed Universities and are doing Government jobs now.

Not only in Public sector, there are good job opportunities in private sector also. In private sector, importance will be given to Deemed University candidates than the candidates from regular colleges at the time of selection.

Surely, you can apply the Entrance Exam for Government job and start preparation for it.
15th May 2020, 11:58 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are degrees from Deemed University valid and acceptable for State Government jobs?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the central as well as state government jobs recruitment examination.

Candidates passed or pursuing in the recognised university even a deemed university are eligible to appear in the examination.

You have to appear and qualify in the various stages of the examination for the final selection in the job.

So, you can do the preparation for the examination for final selection.
15th May 2020, 02:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Universities which are awarded deemed status by University Grants Commission are valid and its degree is applicable for various central and state government competitive exams for jobs.

2. You can apply for State government jobs after bachelor's degree in technology from Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?