17th July 2019, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

Difference between IAS & Customs Officer & procedure to become a Customs Officer?

Sir, my self Vijay, I want to know what is he difference between IAS Officer and Custom Officer? Also I want to become Customs Officer (sea ports). So, what is the procedure? I have mention my qualification and DOB for your ref to advise me:Qualification B.COM Running Date of Birth : 17.06.1993. Thanks

31st July 2019, 03:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between IAS & Customs Officer & procedure to become a Customs Officer?

There are lots of difference between an Administrative officer and Custom officer. IAS looks after administration of district, law and order, revenue department etc. On the other hand, custom officer has a special custom department to deal with.

IAS is an All India Services and IRS (Custom) is central civil services. The recruitment to both is done through Civil Services exam. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Reserved category candidates eligible for upper age relaxation.
31st July 2019, 03:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between IAS & Customs Officer & procedure to become a Customs Officer?

There are lots of difference between an Administrative officer and Custom officer. IAS looks after administration of district, law and order, revenue department etc. On the other hand, custom officer has a special custom department to deal with.

IAS is an All India Services and IRS (Custom) is central civil services. The recruitment to both is done through Civil Services exam. The age limit is 21-32 years.

Reserved category candidates eligible for upper age relaxation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?