18th August 2020, 06:25 PM
shaanishaau

Is Economics compulsory to be eligible to appear for UPSC IES examination?

I’ve done M.Com from Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) and I didn’t had Economics in my M.Com. So, can I appear for UPSC IES 2020 exam session? Or, do I need to do any other course with specialization in Economics?

20th August 2020, 06:54 AM
Himanshu_IITR

Default Re: Is Economics compulsory to be eligible to appear for UPSC IES examination?

Educational Qualification For Indian Economic Service (IES):
The candidates must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognized university or a foreign university approved by the Central Government of India from time to time.

As you didn’t had Economics in your M.Com, so you are not eligible to apply.
20th August 2020, 12:03 PM
Suba25

Default Re: Is Economics compulsory to be eligible to appear for UPSC IES examination?

For Economic Services Examination (IES), one of the eligibility criteria is a post graduate degree in economics or applied economics or business economics or econometrics from a recognized university.
22nd August 2020, 11:07 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanishaau View Post
I’ve done M.Com from Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCSU) and I didn’t had Economics in my M.Com. So, can I appear for UPSC IES 2020 exam session? Or, do I need to do any other course with specialization in Economics?
IES Exam or ESE Exam, is conducted by UPSC to recruit aspiring engineers for various posts in Indian Engineering Services

IES eligibility:- must be citizen of India,should not be more than 30 years (minimum is 21 year,yes there will be age relaxation for SC/ST/WOMEN/OBC))
-Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering or equivalent from a recognized University
-Candidates must be physically fit

**Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in and can apply online
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?