17th March 2020, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Education qualification for girls to be eligible for CDS examination?

Is Hindi subject compulsory for giving examination for entering in Indian Army as an Officer? I am a female candidate and wants to apply for CDS examination. What should I do?

23rd March 2020, 10:27 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Education qualification for girls to be eligible for CDS examination?

Being a female candidate, to get into the defence services, you need to join OTA wing of CDS (Combined Defense Services).

OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy and to join the same one is required to qualify the CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join OTA are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of Indian.

* Your age need to lie within 20 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Further, I would like to let you know that it is not necessary to have pursued Hindi at graduation level for appearing in the CDS examination.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?