29th January 2011, 07:14 PM
aabhishek

Eligibility for AIEEE and IIT after 12th with commerce for a career in Aeronautics?

i have already passed 12th in commerce but i wanted to make my carrier in aeronautics. as per my knowledge one cannot give 12th in both streams and can only apply for main subjects such as PCMB, so instead of 12th certificate i will receive marksheet if i do so, will i eligible for IIT/AIEE on such basis.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for AIEEE or IIT JEE after passing 12th commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I take admission in IIT in Aeronautics or Aerospace after pursuing B.E in Mechanical? What is the procedure?
  3. Aeronautics as career?
  4. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to study Aeronautics in IIT after the completion of 12th?
  5. What's the reputation of Alpine college of Aeronautics, Dehradun? How may I get the placement details for the same? I have just completed my 12th and attempted for AIEEE
  6. What is the eligibility criteria to become an Aeronautics engineer from IIT?
  7. Eligibility for taking Aeronautics after 12th?
  8. Career in Aeronautics after 12th standard from non-medical with 80-85% marks?
  9. How to prepare for IIT JEE and AIEEE exam? I am 12th passed student
  10. Details regarding aeronautics? Am i eligible to give AIEEE on the basis of Diploma?
  11. Best course that I can take to have a better career after 12th commerce?
  12. List of aeronautics colleges along with their admission procedures available in Dehradun? I've done 12th std with 60.2% marks
  13. Which field is best to be pursued for ME after BE mechanical?
  14. What should I prefer either write IIT JEE/AIEEE with my 12th or drop for 1 am an average student, having 66% marks in 12th. Currently I am studying in 12th
  15. What will be the pattern for JEE next year? What is the selection procedure in Tamilnadu -- [New]
  16. I got low marks in 12th HSC, can I do diploma now and then try again for NIT and IIT later?
  17. Which career options are available for me after 12th commerce with Commerce?
  18. Career in Air Force after 12th commerce?
31st January 2011, 12:51 AM
amahajan

Default Re: Eligibility for AIEEE and IIT after 12th with commerce for a career in Aeronautics?

Hello Abhishek
You have done your 12th with commerce and you are not eligble to give AIEEE exam.If you want to appear AIEEE you have to pass your 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Physics and mathematics as the compulsory subjects. Students who wish to be architects are required to pass their 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Chemistry, Computer Science, Bio-Technology or Biology can be taken as optional subject.
3rd February 2011, 10:24 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for AIEEE and IIT after 12th with commerce for a career in Aeronautics?

Dear friend,

As you have passed your 10(+2) in commerce, you cannot change your stream at this stage.

To study aeronautics, you must have science background.

It will be absurd if you change your stream now. rather please carry on with commerce as it has major future career prospects.

So don't hesitate dear and do graduation in commerce. This will be the finest option for you.

All the best!
4th February 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

can i do aeronautical engineering ? but i passed my 12th with only mathematic
17th March 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I AM A COMMERCE STUDENT WIYHOUT MATHS CAN I CARRER FOR AERONAUTICS
18th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed grade 11th with Non Med. But I wish to take Biology in 12th.Is it possible?
28th March 2011, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

in 12 bseb in which topics can i study
28th March 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

can i do IIT taking "maths commerce" i've just completed 10th
can any anyone plzz help me???
30th March 2011, 10:07 AM
sumit9897gaur

As you are from commerce stream so you are not eligible to appear for any of AIEEE and
ITT JEE because there educational qualification is different.

Atleast for both The examination you should have physics and mathematics as a compulsory subject.

you can apply in various commerce Coruses you can also become some of the best economist.
31st March 2011, 09:19 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

You have done your 12th with commerce and you are not eligble to give AIEEE exam.If you want to appear AIEEE you have to pass your 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Physics and mathematics as the compulsory subjects. Students who wish to be architects are required to pass their 10+2 with an aggregate of 50 % marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Chemistry, Computer Science, Bio-Technology or Biology can be taken as optional subject.
6th September 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Eligibility for AIEEE and IIT after 12th with commerce for a career in Aeronautics?

I finished 10th standred with 68% so i am able to join any couses in aeuronatical
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
can i do iit taking "maths commerce" i've just completed 10th
can any anyone plzz help me???
7th September 2011, 05:58 PM
saugata2008

There is no way to join in Aeronautics through AIEEE and IIT after 12th with commerce .

The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE -

1.12th with PCM .
2.Minimum 60% marks in 12th.
3.!2th from any recognized university .

As per the criteria it is clear that for those entrance exams you should have science background .
For this you have to give the 12th again with science which is not a good idea .
So I will suggest you to go on with commerce and I think commerce is not a bad choice at all .

Thank you
15th November 2011, 02:58 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

As you have passed your 10(+2) in commerce, you cannot change your stream at this stage.

To study aeronautics, you must have science background.

It will be absurd if you change your stream now. rather please carry on with commerce as it has major future career prospects.

So don't hesitate dear and do graduation in commerce. This will be the finest option for you.
10th January 2012, 10:49 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for AIEEE(All India Engineering Entrance Examination),IT JEE(Join Entrance Exam) after 12th with commerce.

* Candidates should complete 12th from a recognized institute.
* Candidates should get 50% at 12th.
* Candidates should study physics,maths and chemistry as subject.
* If you passed exam then you will get top most colleges like

1. Indian Institute of Technology
2. Indian institute of aeronautical engineering
3. Punjab Engineering college
4. Anna University
5. Madras Institute of Technology
6. National Institute of Technology
7. Hindustan college of Engineering
8. SRM university
9. VSM aerospace
10 Nehru college of aeronautics & applied science
11 Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
12 School of Aviation Science and Technology

As you are commerce student you are not eligible.

Best wishes
2nd April 2012, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i have taken commerce with maths am i eligible to give AIEEE examination after my 2 class.???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?