20th August 2018, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for CDS-II recruitment for BCom graduate of IGNOU?

Hello Sir/Madam, I have done BCom from IGNOU. I want to apply for CDS-II recruitment. I would like to know about my eligibility criteria for applying in this recruitment. Please let me know about the eligibility criteria as soon as possible.

28th August 2018, 07:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for CDS-II recruitment for BCom graduate of IGNOU?

Having completed your B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree course from IGNOU which is a recognized open university, you are eligible for appearing in CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) entrance examination to join Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer's Training Academy (OTA) wings of CDS as far as the educational requirement for same recruitment is concerned.

Apart from the educational qualification, you must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 24 years for the IMA wing and 20 years to 25 years for the OTA wing. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding CDS eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2018, 03:55 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for CDS-II recruitment for BCom graduate of IGNOU?

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. The eligibility criteria for CDS exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission:

>>Bachelor of commerce graduates are eligible for CDS exam for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training academy.

>>Age limit is 19-25 years for OTA, 19-24 years for IMA.

IGNOU is recognized university, its certificate is valid for UPSC exams.
31st August 2018, 10:22 AM
srkallinone

As a B.Com graduate, You are eligible only for Indian Naval Academy in CDS. You are not eligible for OTA (Officer Training Academy) or Air Force Academy.

Eligibility
- You must be an Indian Citizen.
- You must be unmarried.
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your born should be between 2nd July, 1995 and 1st July, 2000.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?