25th August 2018, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for Civil Service exams for a distance graduate who didn't studied Higher Secondary?

Hello everyone, I did my Graduation through distance education without doing Higher Secondary. I want to apply for Civil Service exams. So, I would like to know that am I eligible or not to apply for such exams?

27th August 2018, 09:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for Civil Service exams for a distance graduate who didn't studied Higher Secondary?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

It is not mandatory to have higher secondary qualification candidates having equivalent qualification and then passed bachelor degree are also eligible to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th August 2018, 09:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Wink Re: Eligibility to apply for Civil Service exams for a distance graduate who didn't studied Higher Secondary?

In order to appear in civil services examination, a candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University either through distance or regular mode.

Minimum age should not be less than 21 and maximum should not exceed 32 years where as relaxation in upper age limit is provided to students of reserved categories.
28th August 2018, 07:30 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for Civil Service exams for a distance graduate who didn't studied Higher Secondary?

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your graduation degree course from IGNOU which is a recognized national university, you are eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination as far as the educational qualification requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?