2nd August 2018, 08:07 AM
santoshkyma

Eligibility to become a District Magistrate for 25 years old Public Administration postgraduate?

Hello Sir, I am 25 years of age and I want to become a District Magistrate. I have done MA in Public Administration. So, with this qualification I am eligible to become a District Magistrate? Please help me to know about this. Thank you!

5th August 2018, 07:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a District Magistrate for 25 years old Public Administration postgraduate?

To become a District Magistrate (DM), you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age should lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable in the case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are eligible too.

So, being a 25 year old and post graduate degree holder, to become a DM you need to qualify the Civil Services examination as you are eligible for the same examination as per your qualifications.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th August 2018, 10:20 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become a District Magistrate for 25 years old Public Administration postgraduate?

District Magistrate is an Indian Administrative Services office after certain years of experience in administration.

To become an IAS officer, you need to crack Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria for CSE exam:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply.

2. The age criteria for exam is 21-32 years.

You can apply for exam at age of 25 years.
6th August 2018, 10:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For becoming a DM i.e; District Magistrate, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as following :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved categories.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your MA degree in Public Administration and being 25 years old, you are certainly eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore to become a DM.

For detailed information regarding the civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?