28th November 2018, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Navy for PCB student?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am in 11th standard studying with Science stream. I have chosen PCB combination. I am interested to join Indian Navy. So, am I eligible to join Indian Navy as I am a Biology student? Please help me to know about this asap.

29th November 2018, 08:59 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Navy for PCB student?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy being a 11th standard Medical Science stream student. To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are a 11th standard PCB student, so, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy.
29th November 2018, 09:56 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After 12th standard, you can apply for NDA Exam. Through NDA, you can apply for Indian Navy.

To be eligible for applying to Indian Navy through NDA Exam, you must have completed 10+2 from Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

As you have subjects combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, so you can apply for NDA Exam but not for Indian Navy wing.

You will be allotted to Indian Army wing.

To crack NDA Exam, you will have to qualify following stages:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview
29th November 2018, 04:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have studied PCM subjects in 12th board exam for Navy and Air Force. PCB candidates are eligible for army.

2. Age limit is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

B.Tech candidates can apply for CDS exam.
29th November 2018, 04:13 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your 12th standard with PCB, you cannot join Merchant Navy. For joining merchant navy, candidate must have completed 12th standard with PCM from recognised board.
29th November 2018, 08:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to join Indian Navy for PCB student:-

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after completion of 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board.

To be eligible to join Indian Navy, you should have to appear in NDA examination. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with mathematics and physics subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
29th November 2018, 08:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having opted for PCB group for your higher secondary school degree course, you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as a commissioned officer at any stage of academics through any entry.

But, you can still join Indian Navy if you will like to join it as a sailor or your can even join Indian Army as a commissioned officer through NDA entrance examination or TES after your Class 12th completion.

For more details regarding the career options available in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
29th November 2018, 11:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA stands for National Defence Academy/Naval Academy. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for NDA for Air Force and Navy is 12th passed from a recognized board with Mathematics and Physics subjects.

PCB subject with science stream can apply for NDA exam but will not be eligible for Navy and Air Force. You will be eligible for NDA exam for Army wing. The age criteria is 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
30th November 2018, 12:06 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for Indian Navy entrance examination. The required eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

So, you are eligible to appear for recruitment in Indian Army as per the present qualification through NDA entry.

For detail about the NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th November 2018, 10:42 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted for recruitment as an Officer in Indian Navy after 12th.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination for recruitment in Indian Navy is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.
:
The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. The examination is conducted in two stages :- Written and SSB.

But, you are eligible for Indian Army and Indian Air Force. For more information visit at www.uspc.gov.in.
30th November 2018, 01:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. It is conducted in two stages. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The examination is conducted for selection in Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. The eligibility for Indian Navy is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM from a recognised board.

Candidates pursuing in 12th are eligible to appear in the examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination or recruitment in the Indian Navy.
30th November 2018, 04:58 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Candidates passed 12th in PCM are only eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy through NDA entry.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. So, you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Navy.

The examination is conducted in two stages but you are eligible for Indian Army as well as Indian Air Force.
3rd December 2018, 08:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

National Defence Academy exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC for selection of candidates into:

Indian Army.

Indian Navy.

Indian Air Force.

*Those who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th are eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force. PCB candidates can become eligible for Army only through NDA exam.
13th April 2019, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOIN EITHER INDIAN NAVY OR AIRFORCE. BUT UNFORTUNATELY A BIG MISTAKE DONE BY MY COLLEGE AND MY MATH SUBJECT HAS BEEN VANISHED FROM MY 12TH ADMIT CARD AND I COULDN'T ABLE TO GIVE MY MATH EXAM AND PASSED 12TH IN PCB.STILL I WANT TO JOIN NAVY OR AIRFORCE. CAN I DO THIS.HOW CAN I APPLY AND FOR WHICH POST I CAN APPLY FOR?PLEASE HELP ME SIR.
2nd May 2019, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir my name is swaraj and join Indian Navy somes people's says me Indian Navy exma are first you clear our JEE ( MAIN ) EXMA Then apply Navy this are right sir ya worng
21st May 2019, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I am biology student.and also passed12th.so can i eligible to apply the navy form.
29th May 2019, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I am an outgoing 10 student and I want to join the Indian Navy as a Naval Surgeon and for my 10 2 I have taken science with PCB combination along with science am I eligible join the Indian Navy?
5th September 2019, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I got 12th with PCB 57percentage.Can I apply indian Navy?
2nd March 2020, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

I am 12 th pcb subject my percentage is 12th 64.15%&i am carrier for navy
Please entrance exam for navy
Job details
7th March 2020, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

How many General caste seats in Navy?
14th August 2020, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I am th pcb subject my percentage is 12th 78.60 ./. I am carrier for Navy?
11th November 2020, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

I am passed in 12 class pcB subject.
Can I fill the form of navy SSR only
2nd January 2021, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam I have four subject PCBM but I am passed out in PCB subject can I join Indian navy.
Please help me to know this asap
27th March 2021, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that after taking PCB can i apply for indian navy examinations
30th March 2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 11th standard I am interested to join in
Navy I choose pcb can I join
13th May 2021, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my 12th in PCB stream but done my graduation in Computer Science in whch i had study engineering mathematics subjects in 5 semesters. Is there any chance i can apply for Inidan Navy.
13th August 2021, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir mam I am 12pass from p c b can i join Indian Navy
20th January 2022, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

I am PCB student I want to join navy how can I joint
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?