17th October 2010, 07:33 PM
romaan

Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

most of the student have medical as well as non medical in their 12th class.so my question is that wheather it is a good choice or a bad choice by that students as it will divert them at the time of admission as wheather they choose medical or non medical career in their future

thank you

22nd June 2011, 01:10 AM
Amitsilly

Thumbs up Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

If the student is unable to decide his inclination and is not sure about the subjects he wants to pursue after 10th standard he is absolutely normal. It is a very common problem for students nowadays. So students prefer going for maths n biology together. But it is advisable only for students who believe that they can cope with extra pressure. This helps the student decide where his actual interest lies. So there shouldn't be any such problem like having confusion in choosing a course thereafter as the student would already have marked out his strengths and interests by that time..
22nd June 2011, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

No, this is not a good choice that both medical and non medical cource in 12th.If you interested in medical course why you unnecessary do non medical course and vice versa.
GOOD BUY.
22nd June 2011, 09:15 AM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

helloo
dear it would like to tell you that if you have any one subject (biology) of medical then you are considered a medical student.
your mandatory subjects being a medical student are physics, biology and english and among the below five subjects, you have to choose two
1. chemistry
2. biochemistry
3. genetics
4. maths
5. botany
so if you choose chemistry and mathematics then you may give entrance exam for both medical as well as non medical stream.it depends on your interest what you want to do...
all the best
22nd June 2011, 02:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After plus two, you can choose medical or non-medical field. Thus students can choose their own interested area. The choice fully depends on you. If you are looking for a career in engineering, you can pursue engineering course. If you are seeking a career in medical field, you can opt for professional or regular courses in science.
22nd June 2011, 04:13 PM
mithi90

Arrow Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

Yes it is a good choice only if u r interested in medical field than non medical field . But if u r interested in non medical field then there is no need for both of them because in this case u have to focus on both and to carry both of the field or to handle is quiet difficult . So in case of non medical field if u choose only non medical subjects then it would be easy to handle and achieve ur goal. But if u r really interested in medical then it is favorable to take both medical and non medical subjects , since chance of getting select in medical entrance is not so easy as compared to non medical so in that case u can also clear engineering examination. I also had the same subjects that is pcmb. Good luck - manju sharma
22nd June 2011, 07:39 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romaan View Post
most of the student have medical as well as non medical in their 12th class.so my question is that wheather it is a good choice or a bad choice by that students as it will divert them at the time of admission as wheather they choose medical or non medical career in their future
thank you
Yes my Friend,

See the Difference after 12 , if you opt for Maths in 11 AND 12 then you would be having straight aim towards Engineering and Cracking IIT JEE or AIEEE .Similarly if you opt for Medical Line your Aim would be sharp i.e towards AIIMS, or cracking AIPMT or Any other Medical Exams.

But having Non Medical and Medical Subjects in 11 and 12th will Make a Guy confused after passing 12 to which Exam he should opt for and which one he shouldn't .

There will be a lot of confusion state after 12th. So i don't prefer such act to be considered.

I strictly Governed you to Not to poke your Nose in such kind of Activities. Just Ask your self , Anglicize properly so that you will get to know to which Field you have to Proceed after 10, is that Medical or Non Medical.

Choice is yours Now.
22nd June 2011, 07:44 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

If you are much interested to take career in Medicine, then better to go for Medical at 10+2 level.

Because getting admission into Medicine is through entrance examination for which you require complete knowledge of various aspects and fundamentals of life science subjects

But if you choose both Medical and Non Medical at your 10+2 level, then it will be helpful for you if you join Medicine and if you don't join Medicine too.

So, if you are very much interested in joining Medicine, then better to go for purely life science subjects at your 10+2 level which will be very helpful as a part of your preparation for Medical entrance exam.
22nd June 2011, 08:19 PM
sourindra

I think it is better to have both medical and non medical subjects in your 10+2. You can go medical or engineering course after your 10+2.
22nd June 2011, 08:27 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:

thank you
It is a very good choice if you are not sure in which way your mind will work and your career will take turn.

So it is god to have both the streams and do good in both of them. You will then switch to either engineering or medical when it comes to career making.

You will be able to sit in both the exams and have lots of options. It is great achievement to have Biology and Mathematics both in 11th and 12th to learn a lot of things also.
25th June 2011, 02:57 PM
rupi

Thumbs up Re: Is it a good choice to have both medical and non medical in 12th class?

Quote:

thank you
No, not at all. It is a very bad choice to choose both medical & non medical in 12th class. As we know Physics and Chemistry are common to both. The fix comes at either Biology or Mathematics. I cant tell you to choose either of them, it is you who is to decide the stream.

If you like studying Biology and doesnt feel it as a burden, then go for it.

If you love solving problems and find logics and understanding easy, then Maths is something made for you.

After choosing one of the two, there comes the choice of the fourth subject. As you know, the first 3 subjects are of most importance to your carrer, so the 4th subject can be like P.E. (Physical Education) or I.P. because the 4th subject shouldn't be a burden at you.

If you choose both Biology & Maths, then you are unable to give sufficient time to each subject because both these subjects demand your time.

So, choose from right today your stream and give your best to it.
29th June 2011, 11:28 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Quote:

thank you
first of all you have to decide what are the things you gonna perform in future.
you have to concetrate on your interest.
you have to see which subject is easy for you. you need to analyse your knowledge about the subjects under medical and non medical category.
these are the suggestions for you.
according to me , if your maths is good enough then better you try for non medical courses because there are lot of opportunities to you in engineering stream.
and the exams like upsc and mpsc includes weightage of maths for severable marks.............. hope you get enough profit from this. thanks
15th August 2011, 12:02 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

HELLO FRIEND THIS DEPENDS ON YOUR INTEREST

Combination of both is a very good choice accordning to me as you can enter any of the field either medical and non medical

If you go for medical stream then there are courses in which you need to study maths for first year and that maths is based on 12th maths syllabus so that is good

so combination is good for both medical and non medical stream
18th January 2012, 04:49 PM
joblesswork

If the student is unable to decide his inclination and is not sure about the subjects he wants to pursue after 10th standard he is absolutely normal. It is a very common problem for students nowadays. So students prefer going for maths n biology together. But it is advisable only for students who believe that they can cope with extra pressure. This helps the student decide where his actual interest lies. So there shouldn't be any such problem like having confusion in choosing a course thereafter as the student would already have marked out his strengths and interests by that time..
4th June 2020, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Can take non medical with two additional subjects bio and computer
17th December 2021, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I am also confused between med and non med so i am gonna keep both it seems to be difficult but not impossible...........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?