24th March 2012, 11:10 AM
Prabhadevika

How Can I apply for Police service? What's the eligibility criteria?

I am very interested to join police service. please help me
send details on my email id..

27th March 2012, 02:53 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How Can I apply for Police service? What's the eligibility criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabhadevika View Post
I am very interested to join police service. please help me
send details on my email id..
Indian Police Service comes under the Civil Services of India and therefore, to join it, you will have to qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for writing the Civil Service Examination are as follows:
  • Candidate must hold a bachelors degree of a recognized university.
  • He/She must have attained the age if 21 years and must not be over 30 years.
  • The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to Sc/St category is 35 years for candidates belonging to OBC category is 33 years.

The examination is conducted once a year and the notification for the same is published on the official website of Union Public Service Commission and also in India's leading newspapers including Employment News.
3rd May 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How Can I apply for Police service? What's the eligibility criteria?

how can i apply for police service
8th January 2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

what is the requirement for sc... to became an IPS officer?
22nd January 2013, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

when will be the notification for IPS publish for the year2013????
25th January 2013, 05:59 AM
Unregistered

i aem army ex sarvice man i will be si of police of tamil nadu by r.siva
25th January 2013, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

when come the result of JMP-3
5th February 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=mir umar 191101]I am very interested to join police service. please help me
send details on my email id..[mir [email protected]]
13th February 2013, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Prabhadevika;1942579]I am very interested to join police service. please help me
send details on my email id. [email protected]
21st February 2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

please send me the detailed information regarding IPS exams & also let me know the syllabus & procedure to apply for the same. My email Id is [email protected].

regards,
Robin Kaushal
23rd May 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

i want also know the detailed information regarding IPS exams please help me and send the details through my email id harsha.nilrem @gmail.com
13th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Without preparing for UPSC Exams can directly take coaching for IPS??
18th August 2013, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir
i want join in ips police service so kindly tale me tha process please.

Thanks &Regards
Arindam Paul
28th November 2013, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Respeted sir,
Iam serving in indian army since two year but i want join to pulice service so plz tell me
How can I apply to indian police service.
3rd April 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

How can apply for police service for ex army personel . Whats the eligiblity criteria and procedure
12th August 2014, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing BCA this year, I want to be an Inspector or Sub-Inspector, What should I to do?
21st June 2015, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

I want to became an IPS officer pls give some ideas.
pls mail to me at
[email protected]
19th September 2015, 06:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can apply for Indian Police service through UPSC Civil Services Exam.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing candidate can also appear for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam should be in between 21 years to 32 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

Selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview and Group Discussion .

Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper . Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .

The notification regarding the exam is published in the Employment news/Rozgar Samachar and in some leading newspapers of the country in the month of December .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?