28th September 2013, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a collector after completing B.E? I am studying computer engineering in 3rd semester

RESPECTED SIR,
I am study in computer engineering in 3rd semester. I wish to become collector after complete of b.e. which exam clear to become collector?

Related Questions:
28th September 2013, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become a collector after completing B.E? I am studying computer engineering in 3rd semester

i want to know the ias coaching centres in chennai and delhi
29th September 2013, 11:34 AM
sushma duggineni

Wink Re: How can I become a collector after completing B.E? I am studying computer engineering in 3rd semester

Thanks for posting the question
The eligibility criteria for appearing in IAS exam is Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
You have to complete your graduation first or in the final year also you can apply for the exam .
You can apply online for these examinations at www.upsconline.nic.in

For becoming the collector you have to prepare for the two exams conducted by civil services
1. Civil services preliminary exam
2. Civil services main exam (which has both written and interview) for selection of candidates for different regions
The syllabus you have to prepare are mentioned below as
Paper I : duration=2 hours,for 200 marks

• Current events of national and international.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic.
• Geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political.
• System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development-Sustainable.
• Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social.
• Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
Paper 2: duration=2 hours, for 200 mark
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
Main exam consists 9 descriptive type paper
1-Any language
2-english
3-essay
4&5-general studies
6&7-optional subject-1
8&9-optional subject-2
There is also a pattern change in the Civil Services Mains examination introduced from 2013. Now there are four compulsory papers of General Studies, there is only one optional subject now instead of two, plus there is one compulsory essay paper. English and one language paper is of only qualifying nature.

The main thing you have to remember is It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. In case if you don’t write any one of the exam you will be disqualified in it.

The final selection will be based on the marks available in the Main exam plus interview together .
These are the steps you have to follow to become a collector.
I hope this information will help you for becoming IAS officer to you. All the best for your bright future.
1st November 2014, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I become a collector after completing B.E? I am studying computer engineering in 3rd semester

If I had selected in interview then if I want to be a collector ofva particular district what should I do?
20th February 2016, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I want to become collector .,I'm electrical enggineering ln 2nd year??how &what I do study??
15th March 2016, 10:40 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

Candidates should be graduate in any subject from the recognized institute to apply for this post.Candidates should not be above 30 years to apply for this post.Those candidates who qualify in written test will have to appear for personal interview also.Candidates should appear for IAS (Indian Administration Services) which is conducted by UPSC to apply for this post.
8th July 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Am studying B.E (civil) final year, what exam should I want prepare to become an IAS officer??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?